iDRY Vacuum Kilns

database error massage

Started by Fire in the hole, January 29, 2024, 04:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

I just logged out and cleared everything again try that again

Firewoodjoe

Jeff

Test post. We are still working at this, please don't give up on us. PLEASE POST
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Nobohdy

Old Greenhorn

Short ones work, more than a paragraph, not so much. Sorry boss.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on January 31, 2024, 10:09:40 PMTest post. We are still working at this, please don't give up on us. PLEASE POST
I didn't mean ya'll I meant my post, but still feel free to feel the angst along with me.

Ianab

Don't know if this helps or not, but I get the errors under Chrome browser (cookies / cleared cache / logged in again etc). But posting under Firefox on the same PC seems to work fine, at least no errors yet, and I can attach pictures and edit posts normally.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Forget that, Firefox started throwing the same errors.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

lurk. thanks for the help!!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

I'm using mircrosoft edge 10 on my laptop and this is a test to see if I have any issues with posting a message on the thread. Not that I have noticed but I haven't posted anything lately. I've just been reading about everyone else. What they have done and what issues they have run into. I don't usually view the forum on my phone. But have in the past when I get an email saying that I have a pm and I have the laptop shut down for the evening.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WV Sawmiller

After Ian's Chrome comment I tried pasting 9 line post in Edge and still got db error. I guess 1 line is it for me.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rusticretreater

Jeff. Lurk, et al:

I looked up the error online and came across another post that said that one cause was the database language(ascii characters) were not all set to UTF-8.  One error read /xC2 which is a Latin Capital A with circumflex(little squiggly line above it).  Also, I just attempted to use the modify selection under more... and got a DB error.  Quick edit does not throw the error. What does the log show?

This link should be of interest:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=560497.0
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

YellowHammer

I posted a 13 line post, short lines with carriage returns on my custom rifle topic no problem.  When I tried to type in a few lines from a Tale of Two cities with no carriage returns, it didn't take it.  Not sure if that helps or muddies the waters.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

rusticretreater

Sounds like it may be configuration error on the length of the strings allowed by the code.  Hopefully there is something in the log files about what error is being thrown.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

mudfarmer

Carriage returns or no, both Firefox and chrome don't work on this phone

mudfarmer

mudfarmer

[Nfo]I was having a lot of trouble with the winch, just free spooling. Not a big guy, it was all I had to put a foot against butt plate and spool off 6ft at a time. Obviously not going to move any wood that way and most trees are a ways from the trail. Took it apart a few times and adjusted, played with valve and cable but just couldn't make it better.

Yesterday it was too warm to skid so after work I took it apart AGAIN. A lot of head scratching and wrench turning and staring at the book later I figured it out but had to run to town for parts. I hope nobody needs a fine thread 7/16 nut because I bought the last one in a 20 mile radius and just that one nut fixed it so it is perfect.

Someone had the winch apart and left out the "special nut" on the slave cylinder. With that nut missing the stroke of the cylinder isn't long enough to fully release the brake band.

Now I know why the seller had custom wrenches he could find in 30sec and asked if I had ever adjusted one of these winches, and another time said he was getting too old to pull the cable. One missing nut. Honestly probably why he sold the skidder [/nfo]

mudfarmer

I was having a lot of trouble with the winch, just free spooling. Not a big guy, it was all I had to put a foot against butt plate and spool off 6ft at a time. Obviously not going to move any wood that way and most trees are a ways from the trail. Took it apart a few times and adjusted, played with valve and cable but just couldn't make it better.

Yesterday it was too warm to skid so after work I took it apart AGAIN. A lot of head scratching and wrench turning and staring at the book later I figured it out but had to run to town for parts. I hope nobody needs a fine thread 7/16 nut because I bought the last one in a 20 mile radius and just that one nut fixed it so it is perfect.

Someone had the winch apart and left out the "special nut" on the slave cylinder. With that nut missing the stroke of the cylinder isn't long enough to fully release the brake band.

Now I know why the seller had custom wrenches he could find in 30sec and asked if I had ever adjusted one of these winches, and another time said he was getting too old to pull the cable. One missing nut. Honestly probably why he sold the skidder

mudfarmer

Pasted same text in 3 posts, nfo tag and code tag went through, no tag gave db error. Hope this helps

YellowHammer

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Hey this worked, it's the first time.  Good job.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Larry

I might have something. When I type a sentence I always put two spaces after the period. If I do as normal and hit the preview it just sits there. If I than hit the post button I get the dreaded database error.

When I only put one space after the period at the end of the sentence it will preview as it should. Hit the post and it goes as it should. Tested a few times and I believe this is fact not chance.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WV Sawmiller

Testing Preview function - works here. Did not work in General board when I pasted 9 lines in. Just froze.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Great news. Everything is so close now and you need a break soon Jeff.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.