iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

went for a drive today and this mill followed me home

Started by Tony Sawmill, February 15, 2024, 10:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Sawmill

I went for a little drive today and low and behold this EZ Boardwalk 40 with about 100 hours on it hitched itself to my truck and followed me home. 
A guy is coming tomorrow that looks like will most likely be leaving with my previous mill.  I'm excited to get this new (to me) mill set up and milling some lumber.

chet

Seeing as how it was hitched up, it be a shame not ta bring it home.  ffsmiley   Nice score!
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ianab

Sweet little machine. Not sure what you had before, but the EZ seems a good simple and solid machine. Should serve you well.  :thumbsup:
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Tony Sawmill

Quote from: Ianab on February 16, 2024, 02:47:06 AMSweet little machine. Not sure what you had before, but the EZ seems a good simple and solid machine. Should serve you well.  :thumbsup:
It is replacing a woodland mills hm126.  Great mill and I'll miss it but am looking forward to this Ez boardwalk for sure. 

jpassardi

LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Magicman

Congratulations.  One small step for mankind....Tonyffcool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nebraska

Very simple machine to work with.  There are days when I miss mine.  Except the being so low to the ground part.  Congratulations on the purchase.  

Tony Sawmill

For any other owners of the Ez boardwalk 40... what size, angle, and manufacturer blades are you running?  I'm cutting mostly softwoods...pine and tulip poplar.  

scogar

I have a new mill as well. I've put probably around 50ish hours on it since starting it up around 12/27. I bought a box of  1-1/4 x .042 x 7/8 Super Sharp DuraTooth from Cook's. I have zero to compare it against as I have not opened my other box of Timberwolf blades. What I can tell you is that the Cook's blades went through N GA pine like butter. 

There is a guy I believe Yellowhammer uses in NW GA that makes blades. I hope to try some of his in the future. But for now I have been satisfied with the ones I bought on that mill with the same wood. 

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

B.C.C. Lapp

That's a nice mill.   Solid up grade.   :thumbsup:  Got a roof to put it under yet?  I'm still working on mine.   Keep us posted how it works out for you.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

mattgancz

EZ Boardwalk Model 40 owner here; I love my mill.  I use Timberwolf blades — 7/8" with 0.024 set per side for softwoods and hardwoods.  I bring the set down if I am sawing large quantities of hardwood or frozen wood.

A couple of things that will potentially make you very happy.

1. Absolutely upgrade to Timberwolf's urethane tires.  Nothing sticks to them and they are worlds apart from the automotive v-belts.

2. Buy a 3/4" square head socket - I got mine at Blacksmiths Depot - and use it for the leveling screws with either a 1/2" ratchet or a battery powered  1/2" impact driver.  

3. Make sure to get the water out of the ball valve for the lubrication.  I run straight water for lubrication, and I have frozen, cracked, and replaced that ball valve way to many times!

Happy sawing.

Tony Sawmill

Well I got my "new to me" EZ Boardwalk 40 set up where I mill at my barn and put the first log on it with a new Ripper 37 blade.  12-13" southern yellow pine @ 16' and WOW!  I am impressed.  It will mill through the log pushing the sawhead with just one finger.  And the cut quality is beyond impressive.  I am looking forward to more time on this mill for sure.

Magicman

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your excitement !!   ffcool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!