iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a Go! 2024 FF Pigroast.

Started by Jeff, April 22, 2024, 01:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb616

@aigheadish, what is our current count? I want to get an order in to the local bakery for the rolls. Thx

aigheadish

New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

teakwood

less than a week and i fly to Detroit! getting exited.  Doing some last minute works and orders, not easy to let the businesses, finca and wife unattended for 10 days.  ffcheesy
At least it's slow right now.

Eager to meet all of you guys.

Ramon
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Jeff

For rolls, We always anticipate 25%  more than rsvp, because rsvp is not a requirement to attend. If you think you can make it at the last minute, come on along.  We have neighbors and friends and family that probably will attend as well, but we dont really tell but a handfull. Rolls are always a tough guess. Some people eat them, others dont, some eat many.
ffsmiley

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Ramon, your wife would have loved it here!

Old Greenhorn

Boss, You can put me on the duty roster for that little tree job. See you Thursday afternoon/evening or Friday morning after breakfast.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

Same as OG, I should be there ready to work later on Thursday or early Friday. :thumbsup:  fire_smiley splitwood_smiley
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Should we bring a tarp so we don't get sawdust on your grass? ffcheesy ffsmiley
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

I dont have grass. I have various weeds that look good mowed for about 2 days a a time.

Old Greenhorn

OH, I get it, you're saying that your lawn is better than mine? OK, it's on, but I just concede, you win. ffcheesy :wink_2:

doc henderson

you guys are making me sad I do not get to help.  but I am making my wife happy.  i do not always do the best, so this is a non-negotiable thing for me.  the birth month and my wife is going to be 60.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ed_K

Doc, tell your young bride Happy Birthday  ffcool. It's even more fun when you are 70, just ask Rita.

For you grass guys the grass here has queen ann's lace at 2'.

Y'all have a great Day, an a great Pig Roast.
Ed K

Old Greenhorn

Sorry Doc, I wasn't rubbing it in, just saying I'll miss the two of you. Pat was hoping to see Georgia again too. Maybe you just shouldn't read this thread, but now you know how I felt reading all the "PrOject" posts a few months back knowing I couldn't be there. It sucks, but some thing take precedence, and this is one of them for you. Happy wife, happy life.

teakwood

Quote from: Jeff on July 25, 2024, 10:29:03 AMRamon, your wife would have loved it here!
Of course she would have loved it, but: as she is latin (the us gov doesn't want more Latins come to the country and stay) it's not that easy for them to go visit the US, even for Holidays. need to get a appointment in the US embassy in the capitol (250km away) to apply for a visa, there is a 6 months waiting list right now, then you need to bring every personal information that exists, bank statements also. Pay 200$ for the appointment and there is no guaranty you obtain it.
not impossible to do but needs time.
Only 40 countries don't need visa for the US and can fill out an ESTA form and get approved within the hours, i did that because i'm Swiss.

and as this is mostly a lumber oriented trip for me, i'm ok to do it solo, and she is too. ether way somebody has to stay and watch over the businesses and make money meanwhile the other is having fun  ffcheesy ffcheesy 

jtmccallum

John and Faith plus 2. 58
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

GAB

Quote from: doc henderson on July 25, 2024, 11:29:10 PMthe birth month and my wife is going to be 60.
Are you sure it is 60 and not 39 for the 22nd time?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Resonator

Thread bump, one more week to go!  ffwave

Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle... ffsmiley 
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Yup, and today I got my last 'thing' out of the way before the pig roast (A show which I could have skipped and saved myself some money as well as had a free day). Now after I clean up form that in the morning I an focus on getting the truck ready for the drive, pick my route and my layover town, then pack and think of other things. :wink_2:

Jeff

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on July 27, 2024, 05:43:12 PMYup, and today I got my last 'thing' out of the way before the pig roast (A show which I could have skipped and saved myself some money as well as had a free day). Now after I clean up form that in the morning I an focus on getting the truck ready for the drive, pick my route and my layover town, then pack and think of other things. :wink_2:
DO NOT FORGET YOUR WIFE!! 

Old Greenhorn

Goes without saving (but I'll put her on my punch list anyway). :wink_2:

BTW, I have been watching the Harrison forecast and noticed that there looks to be a pretty good chance of rain on Thursday when we arrive. I know you have a bunch of stuff to do, but could you see if you can do something about that? ffcheesy

Jeff

I have, I cleared a path to the pop ups I do NOT want to have to use.  Looks like thunderstorm possibilities  

Jeff

Michigan extended weather forcasts, due to our being surrounded by lakes,  are notoriously wrong.

teakwood

We don't even check the weather forecast here in the tropics, you just take the day as it comes. Microclimates, where 10miles away can be a totally different weather.  

Cedarman

Just found out my grandson Cohen has to have his tonsils taken out Tue, so Ian , Claire and 4 kids will not come.  Brantley will still be coming with us though.  They are not too happy about not being able to come.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

aigheadish

Bummer @Cedarman and @cedar ninja I hope the kid is ok!

Back down to 52, I think.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Thank You Sponsors!