iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a Go! 2024 FF Pigroast.

Started by Jeff, April 22, 2024, 01:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olcowhand

Quote from: aigheadish on June 26, 2024, 11:09:36 AMI hope we get along on the car ride, because we are bunking together too! 
Who knows, it might be the start of a great "Bro-mance".....
Kudos to Ramon for making the trip, and to you for helping him!
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

teakwood

We will be fine. lol. I'm just grateful that aigheadish will give me a ride! would have been way more complicated to get from Detroit to Harrison with the bus or who knows how. 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Old Greenhorn

Well I have a bunch of big things going on between now and the PR that have been on my mind for prep work, but you made me go look too. We don't have a campsite assigned yet, so I will have to look into that tomorrow and either get 31 or 33 if we can. We will pass Detroit on Wednesday afternoon and be at the campground before noon on Thursday. Probably head over to the house to see if we can lend a hand with some chores or whatever.
 Austin, you can put us on the list for a mess of watermelons. We will hack them up on site the day of. Anything else we could think o was problematic with the travel time, etc.
 BTW, Ramone (and others) in the past there have been a bunch of us at the campground going back and forth to the house, so it's usually easy to grab a ride with somebody else here and there. Very excited to get back with the crew again. I'm gonna miss some of the regulars, but we will have new folks too and that's great!

Hay Jake, where are you staying?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

aigheadish

You are on for one mess of Watermelons, Tom, thank you!

Anyone else considering kicking in some supplies? I saw there's at least one Mom & Pop looking grocery in town, seems like that'd be an easy place to pick something up to help out Jeff's Crew. Forgive me if I'm making noise about this sort of thing, when/if everybody already helps out for previous pig roasts, and that is expected again. I just would love to cover anything we can!

ffcount2024.jpg
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Old Greenhorn

There's a big food store in the area, we should have no problem filling in the cracks. They ain't in the middle of nowhere. They even have 'lectricity, flush toilets, and mail service. ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

aigheadish

:sunny:

I've only seen the dirt roads in Michigan! 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

GAB

Quote from: aigheadish on June 27, 2024, 09:53:59 AM:sunny:

I've only seen the dirt roads in Michigan!
You haven't been out much in the last 40+ years have you.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

aigheadish

Haha, they still have a ton of them! I've only been to Michigan a few times but I'm always amazed at how many cars look very salty or dusty. It's from the dirt roads!

beenthere

Prolly the dust from gravel roads, not dirt roads. Iowa is good for a lot of miles of gravel roads. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on June 26, 2024, 06:57:36 PMHay Jake, where are you staying?
I'm one of those guys that find a place when I get there. Last time WDH and I stayed in a quality inn about 30 min. south of there. For the record I don't eat hay either. ffcheesy

Edit: I just booked a room at the Quality Inn in Clare, MI.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Old Greenhorn

Just following up here. I finally called Hidden Hill today and confirmed that we are in fact in site 31, GAB is in 32, Austin is in 30. (I think I got that right.) So we have a sort of a block working. I also asked and they still have room in the campground, but reservations are coming in regularly.
 So if anybody is on the fence.......

aigheadish

Dbltree is in P2 I think? I may have the name wrong I didn't go back and look, I'm pretty sure someone is in P2.

https://www.hiddenhillcampground.com/home/https-reserve-campgroundbooking-com/

GAB

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on July 01, 2024, 01:26:53 PMJust following up here. I finally called Hidden Hill today and confirmed that we are in fact in site 31, GAB is in 32, Austin is in 30. (I think I got that right.) So we have a sort of a block working. I also asked and they still have room in the campground, but reservations are coming in regularly.
 So if anybody is on the fence.......
Tom:
According to the email I got from Hidden Hills they gave us #30.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, I got it wrong. ffcheesy GAB;s in 30, we are 31, and Austin is in 32. Either way, folks will find us, or not. ffcheesy
 P2 is a nice site, just up from where Brent was last time. Looks like we have a nice little compound coming together. :wink_2:

SwampDonkey

I've always stayed there, clean facilities to. Well run place.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

firefighter ontheside

I finally decided I'm not gonna make the roast.  I'm disappointed, but it was a decision I had to make.  Too many things going on.  I'm likely to get deployed with my FEMA team for hurricanes.  This season is supposed to be bad and I'm first team in August.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

I kind of guessed that Bill, with all you have going on, I understand and we will surely miss you. But you have to take care of stuff at home first, we al get that. Yeah, that first big one popping up in the gulf this week is a bad omen of how things will go this season, looks like a long one.

Swamp, yes, we found it nice also, it changed ownership in the weeks just before the last pig roast. We'll see what changes the new owners have put in place since we were last there. I believe they no longer have seasonal sites.

Jeff

Its getting close! This looks like it may be our lowest attended bigroast ever by looking at the list here. Thats okay. Bring freezer bags! This group will also help Tammy and i how to proceed after this year.

@customsawyer jump on some of those peoject guys that were urging me to have this, and then disappeared!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: aigheadish on July 01, 2024, 02:55:55 PMDbltree is in P2 I think? I may have the name wrong I didn't go back and look, I'm pretty sure someone is in P2.

Yes that is correct, I'm on lot P2.

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on July 01, 2024, 05:46:34 PMI finally decided I'm not gonna make the roast.  I'm disappointed, but it was a decision I had to make.  Too many things going on.  I'm likely to get deployed with my FEMA team for hurricanes.  This season is supposed to be bad and I'm first team in August.

Well Bill I'm bummed but I totally understand. Was looking forward to seeing you again. It's been a few years. We may pass through your area on our way back home from our trip out west in September. If we do I'll let you know. 
Be safe brother Bill.

Brent

aigheadish

I've added Freezer bags to my supplies-to-bring list!

doc henderson

I will not be there.  My wife turns 60 and we traditionally celebrate a birth month for my wife.  She is a fan of Morgan Wallen and for her BD we will be in KC for a concert.  I do not know and will not share the price, but what she wanted was good tickets to the concert.  I did want to mention, I would love to be there at the pig roast, and doubt anyone will hate me for the decision we had to make.  My wife feels bad, but the tickets have been purchased for 6 months or so.  anyhoo, I wanted to mention that if anyone has a good but portable vacuum sealer, that might be a good donation to preserve some of the pork for attendees for the leftovers.  If we could come, I would bring ours.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

aigheadish

Good call Doc. I can bring mine! It's not the greatest version but it works well to suck up air and tighten a bag.

Thank You Sponsors!