iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Mizer website

Started by Chiselbut, May 14, 2024, 11:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiselbut

Good day.  I am trying to find the 1989 LT40 electrical schematic and 1989 (1987-91) manual on a WM website.  

The WM tech provided the directions but I am afraid it was not helpful.  

He said:  Google Woodmizer - Portable Sawmills tab - resources tab - Product Manual tab - Sawmills tab. 

Being relatively slow minded - i have gone this route ad-nauseam without success.  

Can someone post a direct link?  

The issue I am trying to solve is: sorting out previous owners wiring fixes.  When I use the three of the four operating hydraulic switches (one (toe board) not working)  - the two wires for the feed rate control melt down.  Trying to understand how and why this is happening.  Perplexing.  Need to study schematic.  

I appreciate the help!

terrifictimbersllc

here's where it would be...
https://apps.woodmizer.com/Manuals/ManualsCustomer.aspx?EquipmentS=19

it looks like the electrical information is posted by revision range, not by year, do you have your revision number? I think this would be listed on your Vin sticker, or if not there then in your online account with Woodmizer>shop parts>equipment listing for your sawmill>on the right there would be a revision number. If you have that account info set up.

Updated does look like the manuals are also listed by year...
https://apps.woodmizer.com/Manuals/EngDoc.aspx?man=sawmill%2foperation%2fpdf2%2f640.pdf

Might help to have which  engine you have
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ben Cut-wright

Most of the wiring diagrams at the WoodMizer website are found in the "engines" section.  These are not complete in that some components are not shown. But there should be enough diagram to interpolate what you need to know.

Hydraulic electrical power comes from the strip and grounds should be back to the battery.  If other wires are heating up there is current going where it should not be going. Which "two wires" are "melting"?  Power and ground at the PCB terminals?

Also be aware there was a change/retro in control switches so yours may or may not match the diagrams if it has been replaced. 

Chiselbut

Quote from: Ben Cut-wright on May 14, 2024, 12:40:00 PMMost of the wiring diagrams at the WoodMizer website are found in the "engines" section.  These are not complete in that some components are not shown. But there should be enough diagram to interpolate what you need to know.

Hydraulic electrical power comes from the strip and grounds should be back to the battery.  If other wires are heating up there is current going where it should not be going. Which "two wires" are "melting"?  Power and ground at the PCB terminals?

Also be aware there was a change/retro in control switches so yours may or may not match the diagrams if it has been replaced.
Hi and thank you.  It appears, there are two 14 gauge wires from the back of the PCB , and the previous owners considered one a ground wire, connected to the negative batt terminal, the other is spliced into a 8AWG, and i have yet to trace where that goes.  The grounded wire (attached to the negative batt terminal) melted down and it appears got so hot that it compromised the other wire as well. 

I replaced those 14 gauge wires with 10 gauge wires today, installed new battery post clamps, cleaned up the mess etc.

Will see what happens tomorrow; lots of corrosion, loose, dirty, and rusted connections. 

Chiselbut

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on May 14, 2024, 11:34:52 AMhere's where it would be...
https://apps.woodmizer.com/Manuals/ManualsCustomer.aspx?EquipmentS=19

it looks like the electrical information is posted by revision range, not by year, do you have your revision number? I think this would be listed on your Vin sticker, or if not there then in your online account with Woodmizer>shop parts>equipment listing for your sawmill>on the right there would be a revision number. If you have that account info set up.

Updated does look like the manuals are also listed by year...
https://apps.woodmizer.com/Manuals/EngDoc.aspx?man=sawmill%2foperation%2fpdf2%2f640.pdf

Might help to have which  engine you have
Thank you.

Thank You Sponsors!