iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

myasthenia gravis

Started by farmfromkansas, May 21, 2024, 09:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmfromkansas

Was diagnosed with this condition yesterday.  Been having issues for the last 6 months and more, but the doctor thought I had a stroke.  Had a CT scan and 2 mri's looking for it.  Finally the optamologist had me do some blood work and found this thing.  Google has quite a bit of info on it, so reading up.  Was planning to have a woodworking retirement, maybe the medication will help. Myasthenia gravis
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

thecfarm

I hope the meds will help. 
Seems like a rare thing to have.
I will be thinking of you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

B.C.C. Lapp

Sorry to hear this farmfromkansas.   At least you know what your dealing with now and be treated.  Heres hoping the treatments can help and keep us posted.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Nebraska

Prayers for you, hoping the meds help. 

Don P

I had to look it up. I hope you can control it well enough to keep doing what you want to.

farmfromkansas

Thanks for the encouragement.

OlJarhead

I'm so sorry to hear this!

When I was in the Gulf they gave us Pyridostigmine Bromide (we called it PB later) to combat nerve gas.  I later did research and learned it was experimentally used on patients with MG but didn't work well.

As I recall it is a disease which causes the loss or lack of production of enzymes but I can't totally remember since I did all my research back in 92 when I was really sick.

I hope and pray they have new meds today and that they work for you!
Erik
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

farmfromkansas

Had a catscan of my thymus gland on Friday.  Read that sometimes the gland gets a tumor and makes things crazy.  Hoping it has a tumor so can get it removed.

RetiredTech

Sorry for that diagnosis. Will be praying for you.
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

Ianab

I guess the positive thing is that once you are diagnosed, there are then treatment options. Seems no cure as such, but there are medications and procedures that control the symptoms before they get too serious. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

doc henderson

Thinking of you FFK.  Let me know if I can help.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

farmfromkansas

Got a call from Dr Weiner today, he said there is no tumor on the thymus gland, but they found one on the pabcreas.  Said that this is the best time to find it, when there are no symptoms. Wants to get something going next week.

Thank You Sponsors!