iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grandaughter Graduation

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 25, 2024, 10:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Our oldest granddaughter is 18 and graduated from High School last night. She was the drum major for the band, played on the tennis team, was a member of the national honor society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0 gpa. She has been accepted in her preferred college and will study music - vocal and instrumental.

We are real proud of her and it has been a real pleasure to watch her mature and become more confident in herself over the last few years. Now we will how my son and DIL and her younger sisters handle the empty nest syndrome.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Congratulations are earned and that 4.0 is magnificent !!!  ffcool

You are graduating and I am marrying.  Luke says "I Do" June 1st.  ffsmiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Gere Flewelling

Great date to tie the knot! My wife and I chose that same date 39 years ago. Also easy to remember when one gets older :wink_2: I wish them the best.
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

Nebraska

Hmm empty nest,    I think I bought a sawmill to help with it.  :wink_2: 
Congratulations to the young lady sounds like a good launch from her parents.  

SawyerTed

Howard, I'm sure you are a proud grandpa and very well justified!   Congratulations to your granddaughter!   She's obviously a hard worker!

Lynn, congratulations to the soon to be newlyweds!  I know you are proud too!

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Magicman on May 26, 2024, 07:40:11 AMCongratulations are earned and that 4.0 is magnificent !!!  ffcool

You are graduating and I am marrying.  Luke says "I Do" June 1st.  ffsmiley
Well, there goes my off-bearer. I have been telling you for 2 years to send him on up, now it is too late. :uhoh:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. (Is it going to be at the snake handling church back in the hills? ffcheesy)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Luke said that if he could coil a sawblade he could deal with any old rattlesnake.  ffcheesy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Reflecting on this topic and the awesome accomplishment that Howard's Granddaughter has attained, my mind drifted back closer to home.

My Brother's grades were so close that they had to go back to the 8th grade to reach a tiebreaker between Valedictorian and Salutatorian.  My Sister never made anything but 100 from first grade through College and Law School.  Me on the other hand, the only thing that I ever wanted out of school was out.  When I graduated HS, there was none of that Summa Cum Laude, but rather, Jesus Thank You Laude.  

Thank You Sponsors!