iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Member Visit

Started by Magicman, May 28, 2024, 03:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimW

I have now read the entire snake hunt story and I will be refusing all Fed Ex deliveries.  Thank goodness WM delivers by UPS.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

thecfarm

How those two could keep that all straight is beyond me.
I get confused just reading it!!!  :wacky:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

If you always tell the truth you never have to remember what you said yesterday.  Howard's memory button is stuck in overdrive.  ffcheesy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Every once in a while I see it is skipping a tooth. ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: thecfarm on June 01, 2024, 07:51:04 AMHow those two could keep that all straight is beyond me.
I get confused just reading it!!!  :wacky:
Quote from: Magicman on June 01, 2024, 07:55:14 AMIf you always tell the truth you never have to remember what you said yesterday.  Howard's memory button is stuck in overdrive.  ffcheesy
I just tells it the way I remembers (Imagines?) it. ffsmiley

If that's not the way it happened its the way it could/should have happened. Others are welcome to share their memories or thoughts on how they remembers or imagines it.

My wife sometimes chastises me most severe for telling tall tails to the young grandkids but I figure this will be a sad old world when people can't use their imagination and there is no more Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or hunting and fishing tales. :sunny:
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

I have a co worker that says what he don't see!!  :wacky:
And seem like he is always saying it to me.  ffcheesy

My wife rolled her eyes when we was driving somewheres with the Grandson.
The road had just been hot topped, so I told the grandson I told them I was coming this way with you and I wanted a good smooth road for you.
He asked,Did you really say that?
I had him then!!!!!

Then they get older and say, I don't think that is right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TimW

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on June 01, 2024, 08:00:47 AMEvery once in a while I see it is skipping a tooth. ffcheesy
I think that is happening in his sketches also.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

barbender

I've always thought of Howard's memory in terms of, "his belt is slippin'"😂
Too many irons in the fire

TimW

But he has an extraordinary imagination!
I love his sketches. :wink_2:   Reminds me of mine. laugh_at

doc henderson

He seems to be a quart low on the dipstick :thumbsup:, and you know that is not good for the engine.  ffcheesy I am not trying to start another great oil debate.  ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Looky what Santa, eh, I mean UPS brought me today........

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

rattle, rattle, rattle. ffcheesy ffcheesy
Howard Green

TimW

Howard,
       Okay, I'll bite.  What is rattle, rattle, rattle?

WV Sawmiller

I thought you said you read our snake hunting tale in the outdoor thread. :wink_2:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=124629.0
Howard Green

TimW

Oh, the box!  The box was open at one end.  I just looked in and saw it was a "leg" and not rattle snake.  If there was a snake, it is on the UPS truck

WV Sawmiller

OMG - it got loose! :uhoh:

Did you check inside the leg real good?
Howard Green

Magicman

I just hung up the phone with Tim.  The only thing that has him rattled right now is water in his Yanmar Diesel.  

TimW

Don't need a snake.  That Yanmar is eating me up right now.

doc henderson

Well look who stopped by the hospital in Hutchinson, Ks to visit little ol me whilst I was working.

Yup Brent and Jill and some dog (Duke) who travels with them.  and they got a nice rig all lit up.  had a nice hello and goodby with a few handshakes and hugs!  safe travels.  Good to see old friends. 

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

I reckon that I could mention about a member "not visit".  We had our schedule all worked out for a stop by and visit with member @Machinebuilder (Dave) in Maryville, TN, but a certain hurricane cancelled those plans.  Instead of traveling NE, we now plan to journey NW.  Still a lotsa getting ready to do.  move_it

TimW

Lynn,
Are you headed to the Ozarks?

DbltreeBelgians

It was nice to see you again Bryan @doc henderson . Short visit but yes it's always good to see old friends again. We made it just short of Topeka and decided West Pueblo to Topeka was far enough. We'll finish our journey tomorrow back to Ohio barring any unforeseen circumstances. Been a good trip but we're ready to get home. We were hoping to catch up with Bill @firefighter ontheside but I text him to see if he got deployed with Missouri Task Force 1 and he is in North Carolina to do rescue missions for all the unfortunate individuals caught up in Helene's aftermath. Please keep all the people affected in your thoughts and prayers and thank you to all the men and women first responders for your service. Stay safe!

Brent

Machinebuilder

It would have been great to see Lynn and Pat.
With all the incredible storm damage through Northeast TN and Western NC, it is just a good time to stay away from there.

Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Thank You Sponsors!