iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer debarker swing arm Problem

Started by nopoint, June 03, 2024, 07:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nopoint

I have a Lt40 with the cat diesel. My debarker arm has stopped working. The motor will swing the arm in but not out. I metered the wires at the motor connection when swinging out and got no voltage. Simple as a bad toggle switch? it got to late to tear into the control box.... Thoughts?

Southside

Is the wiring a home run all the way to the box?  Could be a bad plug connection along the way too. Just keep tracing the electrical path and you will find it. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

Could also be that the brushes in the motor are worn out!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

It is simply a two wire DC circuit and the switch reverses the polarity for the in and out. If it operates one way and not the other, look at the switch.  Your voltmeter test have already confirmed your suspicions. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

You could also swap the wires on the switch and see if it swings out and not in. That would confirm a slam dunk diagnosis. Good luck.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SawyerTed

Is the in and out belt driven?  If so check the belt tension and pulleys. 

Edit:  Reread the original post.  No power isn't a loose belt.   
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!