iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel Jug

Started by Magicman, June 13, 2024, 02:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Magicman

I have tried and used about everything but this new 1 1/4 gal NO-SPILL jug has to be the best and simplest that I have ever used. 

IMG_5948~0.JPG
The size is perfect for me and the clear "sight gauge" on each end shows how much is left plus when you have exactly one gallon in the jug for mixing.

Touch the green button and it relieves the pressure before using so no spray surprise.  Also the green button immediately stops the flow so no overflow on fill up.

I have been using NO-SPILL 2 1/2 gallon Diesel jugs for years so I don't know what took me so long.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rusticretreater

Old dog, new tricks. zzzz_smiley
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Andries

I'm in the same boat. 
"don't know what took me so long . . " 
The old gas containers were such survivors that I didn't have the heart to toss them - until I backed over one of 'em with the loader.  😵
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

trapper

Been using them for years
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

I have never seen this 1 1/4 gallon jug in any. store.  I was searching for a suitable 1 gallon jug when this one popped up.  $30 and free shipping so kinda pricey, but well worth the cost.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

they carry them in the farm stores here.  TSC here.  your metal ones are at HF.  I have a 5-gallon plastic regular jug. to get av fuel.  and pour into a 2.5-gallon jug like this to mix with the silver Stihl oil mix.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

I have gone 100% to the 5 gallon (yellow) NO-SPILL for Diesel and have a couple of 2 1/2 gallon red jugs, but I have never seen and did not know that they offered the 1 1/4 gallon jugs.  I really like it.

lxskllr

NO_SPILL brand is the best can of any material, and any price. It works in solving the problem it was designed to solve, and in the process, it actually makes pouring fuel easier, rather than infuriating like the other autosealing jugs. Metal cans are sexy, but they just don't work as well as NO-SPILL. I have a 5G, and a 1.25G. I might buy another one or two 5G cans for hauling corn free fuel. I don't absolutely need more. I have plastic cans that work after a fashion, but they just aren't as nice.

barbender

I agree, I'm a big fan of the No-spill cans. Like lxskllr says, they solved an engineering problem, and made a better can in the process. 

I do curse them occasionally if I forget to vent them before I go to pour fuel. Whatever the EPA was trying to accomplish by not allowing any vapor to escape is more than made up for by the fuel that is sprayed out and evaporates🤷

That said, I prefer the No-spill over even the traditional vented cans. They're just a great product, and you can get replacement parts for the nozzles etc from the company.

For cans bigger than 2.5 gallons I prefer to use the shaker siphon hose rather than trying to pour out a big, heavy 5 gallon can.
Too many irons in the fire

Keepfixin

Hey nice can! I think our local store carries that brand but don't know if they have the smaller size can. Always wondered if they worked good or not. Here's some pictures of my favorite cans. But the old metal forestry can is my favorite.
Jesus: The Way, the Truth, and the Life. John 14:6

hedgerow

I don't use many gas-fuel cans around here. I have set up a nice fuel trailer with diesel and gas on it. I have for at least the last fifteen years been using the 2.5 gallon no spill fuel can for my chain saw gas and just love it. The two guys that help me put up wood have like that jug so well they even bought the five gallon version for hauling there mower gas in. Growing up in the fuel business I have been around a lot of gas-fuel cans and the no spill are the best. 

Old Greenhorn

Well I have been using that 1.25 gallon can for about a dozen years now. I got mine for my local Husky guy (Spike60). Although it seemed pricey to a cheap old man at the time, I think around $20 or so, it was the prefect size. I don't like mixing a lot of gas in one shot. I prefer to have it fresh, so sometimes I have to mix it a couple of times a week, and sometimes I go a few weeks before I need to mix more. I do wich the plastic was a bit thicker like the old cans. Mine bloats out like a sun roasted pig carcass on a hot day.
 I still have a combi-can, NOS with no spouts I would love to put in service if I could just find the spouts. I have a 2.5 gallon that was given to me (full), which I have never used. I have a pair of standard plain vanilla plastic cans I use for bringing the fuel home, but then it goes in mowers, tillers, the Mule, or my saw can.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

DHansen

That same No-Spill company sells a clear tube that fits the nozzle on their fuel cans.  I have some with and some without the tube.  The tube is great for some applications.  One thing is the design helps me not over fill the machines.  And as mentioned by Barbender nozzle parts are easy to find at our local stores.  I will need to look for the 1.25 or 1.5 size.  I was not aware they made one smaller than 2.5 gallon.  Thanks for the heads-up Magicman. 

Thank You Sponsors!