iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

INFO needed for buying BLM and USFS LAND

Started by NATIONAL OF THE LAND, June 15, 2024, 07:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WI Walnut and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

Greetings smart people!! I'm looking for information pertaining to buying BLM and USFS land. I'm looking for mostly first hand knowledge, of purchasing heavily wooded cost evaluations charts, summary's and processes/procedures to achieve the goal of purchasing BLM AND USFS land in northern California. thank you very much in advance we will keep the land protected. 

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

Old Greenhorn

What you are proposing sounds like a major business plan requiring lawyers, accountants, foresters, bankers, and a pile of money. There will be a lot of major details involved in anything like this. Asking an open question such as you have does not give anybody who might have some knowledge enough information to understand your goal. "I want to" is not a goal nor is it a plan.
 None the less, most things are do-able except in this case the BLM does not sell land, it is legislated against that except in just a very narrowly defined group of circumstances. Of course, you would know this if you did some very basic research because it is clearly stated on their webpages.
 Having said all that, I'll repeat Jeff's question" Why?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

well in the last hour i found who i need to contact to purchase land from BLM AND USFS and i dont purchase land from BLM OR USFS its actually USDA thats buys and sells BLM and USFS land they have sold 56000k acres for 74,000,000 thank you for your posts :)

and make sure you keep learning :)

newoodguy78

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

Quote from: newoodguy78 on June 15, 2024, 10:18:41 AMYou've got a wonderful attitude  :wink_2:

thank you they were getting the jealous attitude and didn't want to help have a beautiful day :) :) :sunny:

newoodguy78

First off neither of those two need me to defend them they're certainly capable of handling themselves. 
That said if the owner of the forum you're asking a question on for free I might add, wants to ask a question himself he's got every right to do so. Keep that in mind. 

Both of those guys are incredibly smart insanely helpful people. Your comment about jealousy is so far off the mark it's not worth discussing. 

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

Quote from: newoodguy78 on June 15, 2024, 10:31:51 AMFirst off neither of those two need me to defend them they're certainly capable of handling themselves.
That said if the owner of the forum you're asking a question on for free I might add, wants to ask a question himself he's got every right to do so. Keep that in mind.

Both of those guys are incredibly smart insanely helpful people. Your comment about jealousy is so far off the mark it's not worth discussing.

thank you :)

Nebraska

Ummm, I would guess most of us didn't have any idea any of that land could be bought or sold.   ffsmiley  Rented and leased for grazing yes. 

Old Greenhorn

Jealous?! ffcheesy Not hardly. The last emotion I would feel about anyone wishing to work with the government is jealousy. Pity would be more like it. :wink_2:
 As for not wanting to help, you missed the point, suggesting that you explain more about your goal was intended to help you get a bit more of what you were looking for. Asking what you knew or research you had done was also intended as helpful. We know nothing about you, your resources, experience, capability, or even where you are located. Quite frankly, read a certain way, your initial post could be taken as some kind of a sketchy sham fishing for 'something'.
 There are a lot of human resources and knowledge available here from people who have spent lifetimes acquiring that knowledge. Believe it or not, sharing some of that knowledge is something they will freely do when they have an idea what you are trying to accomplish. Since you are the 'unknown person', it would fall to you to put a little effort into explaining what you want to do. If you don't, you are asking them to just tell you everything they know and guess at what you need. Frankly, that seems a bit rude, does it not?
 I wish you luck with whatever you are working on. By the way, who do you represent in China?
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

711ac

Yeah, that "handle" reads like Chinese instructions I've had.  ffsmiley

CCCLLC

Curious  of future  land use. If you're  asking for any advice, I feel entitled to ask. 

Southside

I believe GSA is the entity that would sell land, and it's typically considered "excess" so some odd lot sitting off on it's own that has poor access or is a tiny inholding surrounded by private land and is so small it is of no value.  

Highly doubt you will be able to walk up and buy the Lava Beds no matter how much you offer.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ron Scott

BLM is in the Dept. of Interior and the USFS is in the Dept. of Agriculture. Neither of these Agency's Sell the public lands withing their proclamation boundaries entrusted to them. In rare instances they may exchange lands where the exchange is for the public's benefit and to the public's advantage. Most of the time the exchange acreage is 2 to 1 in favor of the Government.

If you have a particular proposal in mind, you should contact the Director of Lands in the Washinton Office or California Regional Office of each Agency 

Public approval and input are part of the lengthy process after an Environmental Impact Statement is completed, most likely at your expense.
~Ron

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

Quote from: CCCLLC on June 15, 2024, 03:55:49 PMCurious  of future  land use. If you're  asking for any advice, I feel entitled to ask.

the only reason I'm purchasing land is because I'm young and its a good investment its going to be used for my retirement, I'm going to let it grow up to get bigger, and im sorry but i cant give the area hehe  :thumbsup: what else are you looking for?

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

I can't speak for others, but I am sure I have heard all I need to hear.
 Since you believe it's fine for folks to offer up their lifetime of gained knowledge to someone they don't know to be used for purposes that go unstated, I look forward to your sharing with us how you make out with this and what you learn along the way. Best of luck.

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

youve been on here the whole time and your not very welcoming, if your so worried about getting to now someone go look in the mirror. and actually im only 16 and my brothers 18 and where trying to secure our future i thought you need information you go to the ol fellas that have knowledge of it thank you very much for seeing what people are like it was a wonderful experience :)

Magicman

I am wondering if you have ever been to Disney World?   :huh?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

Quote from: Magicman on June 15, 2024, 09:44:16 PMI am wondering if you have ever been to Disney World?   :huh?

as long as i've been on here i never thought that would come out of your mouth  smiley_thumbsdown

Southside

If you really are 16 then you sure have a lot of lessons to learn about how to speak to people in a manner that will get the response you desire.  Respect is earned, and you son have not done so. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Quote from: NATIONAL OF THE LAND on June 15, 2024, 10:06:32 PMas long as i've been on here i never thought that would come out of your mouth 
I don't know how long you have been on here, I simply asked a question.  Just curious.  ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

NATIONAL OF THE LAND

let me take a little time to tell you who i am but i shouldn't have to tell everything about me to get some simple questions answered but here we go. I was taken out of school in 5th grade and i haven't opened a text book since.the only books I've opened are books with real knowledge pertaining to growing food, growing medicine, growing trees, building structures, things pertaining to the real bible, every spectrum of law, books on furriers, permaculture books. my hobby's pertain to growing all our own food, wild foraging, on the path to becoming a master furrier, I've made everything from fur trapper hats to blankets to fur cloaks/shawls, fur lined mukluk/ Eskimo boots, Im a highly skilled leather craftsman and i study law as well because I'm and American state national ambassador of the land and take this very seriously which keeps me out of the grips of the ones that shall not be named. I am not a US citizen because us citizens have no rights like many of you if not all of you. I've worked on a dairy farm since i was 12 everyday non stop 40 to 70 hours a week making $300 to $700 a week, I use this money to buy trees, books, leather, fur pelts, plants, i have a brand new $2000 dollar fur sewing machine. i am nothing like your kids and grand kids, nieces and nephews. my brother and i are moving to California to a large track of land and the piece of land has a easement thru just off center of property for the USFS to cut a parcel they own on the other side so that's why i made this post in the first place. i don't own a phone or and game type electronic device and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about because most likely all of your grand kids have or play one everyday of the year and some are probably on one right know rotting away while I'm out here trying to be a real human being not some loser grand kid sucking there thumb at age 16 and crying to there mommy. From what i see almost everyone of you come on here to brag or [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] on everyone because your so simple minded that all you can or know how to do is saw wood and complain about your sawdust pile or shot on somebody. Now if you reread this whole post from the beginning you'll see that i found my answers i was looking for so all post after that have been nothing but garbage other than a few so you can easily see the problems on this website so after stating who i am and what me and my brother are trying to do i wish all of you farewell for nothing, I do thank a few people that did have some information and took the time to help me. if you aren't completely sour by the time you get done reading this than you can see my fur trapper/ bomber hats at (Ephrem Simon) on Facebook thank you for nothing  ffwave  ffcool  ffcheesy  ffsmiley  :sunny:  smiley_smug01

Thank You Sponsors!