iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mills pro log bunks

Started by northwestoldtimer, June 17, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northwestoldtimer

Been looking at the Woodland Mills pro log bunks for my 130max but would like some real world feedback from users. Not sure they could handle the weight of my biggest Doug Fir that can run up to 30" x 22' (the mill is set up for 22'6" logs)

rusticretreater

I have had my eye on these too.  The .pdf says it will handle a max 30 inch log.  Its a new product, so there probably isn't a large amount of them in the field.  There doesn't appear to be any videos of folks using and talking about it online.

Knowing Woodland Mills, I think that its sturdy enough to handle the occasional 30 inch log.  I haven't got the sawmilling shed built yet with added hardware, so there have been a few times where I couldn't turn a log and resorted to using my grapple.  I can see how this would be a big help to someone doing mobile sawmilling.

I will be watching for anyone adding to the thread.  Oh and Welcome to the Forum!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

RetiredTech

Sorry I can't answer your question, but Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone on here uses them.
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

jpassardi

Welcome to the Forum. I have a Woodmizer, I'm no help either.
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

yankeeredneck

wrelacji

For handling large Douglas Fir logs up to 30 inches in diameter and 22 feet long with your Woodland Mills HM130MAX, it's crucial to ensure the pro log bunks can support the substantial weight, approximately 4,500 to 5,000 pounds. To gather real-world feedback, join online forums like the Forestry Forum or ArboristSite, check dedicated Facebook groups, and watch YouTube reviews from sawmill owners. Additionally, reaching out directly to Woodland Mills for customer references and visiting local sawmill operations for firsthand insights can help confirm if the pro log bunks meet your heavy-duty needs.

rusticretreater

Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

Daburner87

Quote from: northwestoldtimer on June 17, 2024, 08:12:19 PMBeen looking at the Woodland Mills pro log bunks for my 130max but would like some real world feedback from users. Not sure they could handle the weight of my biggest Doug Fir that can run up to 30" x 22' (the mill is set up for 22'6" logs)
What are you currently using to turn these logs? 30"x22' is a massive log.  I have faith in the Woodland Mills product, but with that length do you plan to add a pro log support for every bunk?  
HM130Max Woodlander XL

amarsh64

Not sure if I missed something but those links from a few comments back took me to videos for the pro log stops.  A video on the pro log bunks would be great if someone has found one ? I would love to see it in action .

rusticretreater

No videos have turned up.  Woodland Mills doesnt have a video on their website about it either.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

Thank You Sponsors!