iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Site seems very slow.

Started by amarsh64, August 10, 2024, 11:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amarsh64

Hi All , For a  month or so  now the forestry forum has been  loading very slow from my home pc. I only go to the sawmill section to see what's new. All other internet sites that I go to load fine. I have lots of net Speed with Starlink . Anyone else having this problem ? VPN on or off is the same . Btw I have tried multiple browsers with cache and cookies deleted and no change.
Thanks for any info.

amarsh64

I gues I should have read doc Henderson's post right before mine LOL
Guess I have my answer.

Magicman

It has been slow for me about all day......still is.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

May be a stability problem as well, click on new posts, it shows up, then jumps to home again, after several tries it will hold.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

amarsh64

Still super slow. Does not matter what time of day. Oh well , I guess it will right itself eventually .  

JD Guy

Same here. I've been offline for a while due to some health issues and just now being able to catch up. Happy to be back though!

Onthesauk

This morning it timed out, now just really slow
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

amarsh64

Seems semi normal today so far. 
Fingers crossed.

Onthesauk

Lightening fast this morning!!! :thumbsup:
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Nobohdy

So a couple days ago, a member accidentally erased one of their picture albums from the gallery. If you are seeing posts with missing pictures, this would be the reason why. I've been working to restore this album from one of the backups, but it has been proving slow going because I was running into a speed problem trying to download the 40gb backup file with it dropping to 5kb/sec shortly after starting the download. I Finally threw up the white flag after checking all the culprits I thought it could possibly be and getting nowhere.

I decided to ask for help from the server hosting company. The IT gentleman got back to me a few minutes ago, and I believe he has killed 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. I'll just paste his msg here, but this most definitely fixed the download speed for getting the backup file local so i can retrieve the album, and also seems to have fixed the speed issue with the forum bogging down.

Hello Jeremy,
I believe the network on the server might have been getting rate limited. When
the server was set up originally, it was set up for a 10Mb (10,000kbit)
connection, with 100Mb (100,000 kb) burst. Your server is typically using
~1250KBs which is 10,000kbit (or 10Mb). I'm thinking that the download would
start fast, and then shortly after our server would see the average bandwidth
was going above 10Mb (the commit rate) and would force everything to slow back
down. When you would reboot the server, it would stop the traffic just long
enough for the average bandwidth to drop down below the 10Mb commit rate.
I've gone ahead and changed the connection on your server to a 100Mb line with
1Gb (1000Mb) burst. I believe that this should fix your issue.

I am hoping to get the missing pictures up and restored by late this evening *fingers crossed*. Also, if anyone would let me know if you have noticed any changes in speed for the better since early afternoon today.

Have a great evening everyone!

Jeremy

TroyC

Seems faster to me now.

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: TroyC on August 21, 2024, 06:51:52 PMSeems faster to me now.
Same here holy smokes it's way faster as of today this past couple months has been very slow for me 

thecfarm

Much better now!!!
Thank you!!!  ffcool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

YellowHammer

I am seeing much faster throughput.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

mudfarmer

Like when we first got 10/100 Ethernet and some devices had trouble auto negotiating and folks would be stuck at 10  smiley_thumbsdown were you paying for 100 this whole time? I smell a big credit on the bill coming...

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Ya know, its totally aggravating when ya struggle and struggle, worry and work for hours and days and long nights looking for a solution to a problem and you find out that someone, and this is the same someone that just dumped our files on the server and charging us $$700 on the changeover, doesn't do the job you were counting on them to do.  One little tick on a selection not made.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman