iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

National Day Calendar

Started by red, August 15, 2024, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

The National Day Calendar is a lot of fun for me . . there are many very silly days that just make you Laugh . . like today August 15th is National Relaxation Day 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Hilltop366

Today is national Acadian Day in Canada.

In my area of South West Nova Scotia is also hosting a 9 day Congres Mondial Acadien (Acadian World Congress).

doc henderson

My Moms maiden name was Lanoue, and we were told we were French Canadian.  My daughter is named Monique Sherri after aunt Mona and my mom, grandma Sharon (passed).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadians
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Hilltop366

I can trace my family names back to the first ones to come from France on both my mother's (arrived 1651) and father's side (arrived 1691) other names go back to Port Royal 1604.

If someone has in their family tree the last of Deveau they may be related if it is d'Entremont we would very likely be related. Of course there are various spellings.

SawyerTed

It's National Relaxation Day so we can celebrate by eating Lemon Meringue Pie on National Lemon Meringue Pie Day!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

What day is Ice Cream on a Hot Pecan Brownie??  food6 thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

Today as it was hot here and I was looking for the ice cream!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

thecfarm

I hear about national something day on the radio. Seems like every day is national something. :wacky:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yeah, on this new Windows 11 laptop, I get those national day notices on the search bar every day. Today it brings up 'supermoon'. There's an average of 4 every year, so I don't see any big deal over that one.   :huh?  It might matter to someone sitting at port on ocean front I suppose or in a storm on the coast. Highest high tide.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: Hilltop366 on August 15, 2024, 11:31:12 AMToday is national Acadian Day in Canada.

In my area of South West Nova Scotia is also hosting a 9 day Congres Mondial Acadien (Acadian World Congress).
That explains the heavy fed politic presence in pubnico Yarmouth  area this past week  ffsmiley

red

Monday is National Dog Day 

red

The Florida Legislature has declared today August 30th as Jimmy Buffet Day
He died September 1 2023 

SwampDonkey

Mary Shelley's birthday, the creator of Frankenstein.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

the 30th was also Georgia Ann Henderson day.  still is.  My wife was born in Wichita 2 month premature in 1964.  We had a nice BD party yesterday.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

red

Mooseherder

Pizza deserves it's own week.

SwampDonkey

Love home made pizza, I make one about every Sunday in the winter months.  ffsmiley

Nebraska

Need more than just cheese, just sayin'.  ffsmiley

SwampDonkey

Was it Reagan that started the strategic cheese reserve with all the excess cheese being produced?  Kinda like the Quebers with all their maple syrup production.  ffcheesy

red

Sunday is National Grandparents Day
Always the first Sunday in September

Magicman

OK but it was last Sunday the 1st.  ffcheesy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

This Sunday is International Literacy Day.  :wink_2:

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on September 08, 2024, 07:26:32 AMOK but it was last Sunday the 1st.  ffcheesy
Grandparent's Day is the first Sunday after Labor Day, so Red was correct.  

Today is the day.  :thumbsup:

doc henderson

Happy Grandparents Day especially to you and Miss Pat!

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!