iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Labor Day Weekend Eating

Started by Magicman, August 29, 2024, 06:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on August 28, 2024, 07:00:32 PMI am also thinking about the Weber Grill and that something needs burning.  food6

A couple of Pork Chops were slow crossing da road so....

T
They became a meal along with Baked Beans and Hash Browns.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

we celebrate my wife's 60th tomorrow the 30th and our family reunion also at our house on Sunday.
and yes, we will eat!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TroyC

I had mine a couple days ago ffwave

Magicman

You don't play fair Troy.  :uhoh:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I'll be having a lob-sta roll, or two.  ffcheesy
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

That really hurts Donk.  I could deal with a Lobstah Roll, or two.

SwampDonkey

Theo Von is a comedian who does a podcast and was up this way, Maine and New Brunswick not long ago. He did a podcast on his experience with Lobster.  I'm not sure if he likes lobster. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

When we were there in 2017, even McDonalds had Lobster Rolls:

But not nearly as good as the ones that we had in Grand Falls, NB.  food6

SwampDonkey

Yes, they will have lobster at McDonald's in the summer here in NB. I haven't been there in probably 4 years. They stopped serving my favorite chicken sandwich, I don't know what it is now.  smiley_thumbsdown

Over in Bridgewater as you make the left off the Route 1 to go to the border crossing, there was a canteen there that served good lobster rolls. It closed then reopened again. Might have been sold. The last time I was there about 5 years ago, the place was busy for being in the middle of nowhere. They had a bakery there to. If you serve good stuff they'll come.  ffcheesy ffcheesy Another great spot was 'The Lobster Pot' on the other side of Mars Hill (the town). It was great for clams to, piled up high. Good tenderloin ones. Sadly the place burned down. Miss that place.

I get mine cooked and frozen and bagged, comes from PEI. They have the best cooked lobster, you get all claw meat. I've had others that throw in that minced leg meat, which I'm not a fan of. It tastes fine, but I think that stuff is more for chowder, not rolls. Between you and I and the gate post. Old saying.  ffwave

Old saw fixer

We have plans for rib eye steaks and maybe boneless/skinless chicken thighs another meal.
all cooked on a Big Green Egg.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Magicman

Time off also means snacking soooo

I bought a sack of green peanuts this morning.

And they are making themselves busy in da boiling pot.  They will boil until the shells are tender and then left to soak in the salted water.  They should be ready by mid-afternoon.

By then I'll have some chickin landing gear for da Weber.

sawguy21

I love peanuts but  have never seen them raw. Must be a southern thing.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

My grandfather would often get raw peanuts by the sack full, all shelled to, as gifts from sportsman coming up hunting. I liked to roast them in the oven. Great fresh roasted. Never ate them boiled in shell though.  :thumbsup:  My grandfather was always chewing on peanuts in the pickup truck when driving along.

Magicman

A nice scoop of them draining and cooling.

A bit more cooking:

Thighs on da Weber.

And on my plate with Baked Beans and Potato Salad.  Yum, Yum.  food6

Gearbox

My birthday today 79 . Party tomorrow Taco's in a bag Apple pie filled cupcakes and Apple Crisp with ice cream . Maybe even an adult beverage or two. 
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Magicman

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.  I sorta remember 79 back in my younger days.  ffcheesy 

rusticretreater

Menu for the weekend is Beef Ribs(tonight), Ravioli and then Stuffed Peppers.  I had baked a pork shoulder earlier in the week so that is lunchtime fare. Tons of veggies from the garden.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

SwampDonkey

Last night, I cooked up 2 bell peppers and a Carmen slender sweet pepper, sauteed with onions. All from the garden. Baked a couple egg rolls and had a bowel of rice all spiced up from Uncle Ben.  There ain't none left. ffsmiley

Southside

Raw peanuts dried in a bale of peanut hay are the absolute best tasting peanut you can get. I will look for them when feeding the cows and fill my pockets. Yup, stealing the cows food! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

We each just ate a bait of boiled peanuts, but no picture.  ffcheesy

Theys good y'all.  :thumbsup:

Resonator

Annual Labor day cookout today with some of my family that live nearby. Grilled burgers (with Wisconsin cheese of course), brown baked beans, brats (boiled in beer then finished on the grill), home grown garden fresh picked tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and cucumbers. Along with multiple pans of bars (lemon, brownie, and one kind of caramel with mixed nuts). food1
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

doc henderson

We had a busy weekend.  I have not posted much.  We had good food.  My wife had a BD on the 30th and then the family reunion on Sunday.  We have had the reunion about 15 times at our house.  a miss or two during covid.  Got my uncle Donald "duck" here and gave him a challenge coin.  He is almost 90 and has survived many ailments.  he was very proud.

Yes, I am wearing a red speedo.  just not the bikini style.  You are welcome.  We made a sandwich bar but had lots of homemade extras.  My Neice made her special green beans with onions and bacon with a secret sauce. 

We had a big BD for Georgia.  She wanted to include all 4 relatives who turned 60 this august.  My wife and brother holding the cake were two.  the other two were sick.  one with covid and the other prob. the same.  We also had fancy gourmet cupcakes made by a hospital operator that does that on the side.

this is my cousin Heather (she has CP) and her grandmother Eilene.  Eiline is my aunt and married to Duck.  they raised Heather until she went to a disability support home.  they (her disability group) bring her every year we have the reunion, and we get her in the pool to swim.  All her cousins are all around her and they float in the pool.

My uncle Jerrys great granddaughter in heaven in the pool. 

My uncle Jerry in heaven, holding his newest great granddaughter. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

We have had up to 60 for the reunions in the past.  this one was smaller and better in some ways, as we really had more time to talk and catch up.  Quality over quantity.  Some years the numbers are nice, so everyone gets to see everyone.  Lots of illness and a few lost jobs and work schedules made it hard this year for many.  We at least got the remaining brothers and sisters together.  they had gone 10 to 20 years without seeing each other before we started the reunion.

Here is Jerry, Duck and Eiline, and Mary Alice.

Here is Mary Alice, and Jerry with 4 generations in his line.

My wife and her best friend from high school Suzzanne.  

Her husband Mike, and I even got him to wear the Tierra.  We often travel to half marathons with them or do camping and fishing.

Thank You Sponsors!