Sponsors:

Y,all think you had a bad day?

Started by Texas Ranger, September 17, 2024, 11:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Nebraska

BargeMonkey

Swing out, pick a track and back off ? Never fun when you fall thru a bridge. Did it actually go over?

Old Greenhorn

Plant the bucket on dry ground to the operators left and push yourself back off, then reset the bridge/mat is the only way out I can see, but I don't know much. That's a heavy machine.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

Don't know where the operator is? I wouldn't have got out of the cab until the machine was tracked back on solid ground.
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

customsawyer

Curious if he started out to far to his left or if the machine slid over there. I don't think I would have left it there very long. It isn't going to get better the longer it stays.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Texas Ranger

This was a friend of mine.  He brought the unit in over the bridge, and broke it on the way out.  It slid as the bridge collapsed over a 12 foot narrow creek.  The call went out and two side hoes came out and supported the unit as it backed out.  All were rented units, so I feel sorry for my bud.  Two of my forester friends supervised it all, one told me that the bucket saved his bacon as it hit solid ground and stopped the slide.  I assume fresh tighty whites were involved.

DDW_OR

use the   HTML (normal): 

"let the machines do the work"

Texas Ranger

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!