iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 064 Mule Kicker !

Started by Rkymtn57, Yesterday at 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rkymtn57

I just converted an 064 to a 066 which has a decompression valve.(which has made NO difference)
But .... This thing still is not just hard to pull but it seems like it (kicks back) jerking the pull handle out of my hand and tearing up my already replaced shoulder.
If im not holding the decompression valve down it pops back up on every pull.
Am I missing something ?  Thank you !

doc henderson

can you test or replace the decomp valve?  I have heard of a mule kicker 44.  a pt. told me he only had 2 beers.  alcohol level was high enough to set a record.  I said what is the 44 for?  He said 44 ounces. :snowball:    zzzz_smiley    smiley_beertoast   
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Rkymtn57

Comp Valve is brand new. Pull rope is free. Flywheel turns free.
Pulls beautiful with the spark plug removed.
What would cause this thing to kick like that ?

DHansen

It is normal for you to have to press the decompression valve after every start attempt, even if it does not start.  The pressure created by pull starting it will, at cranking speed, push the decompression valve from the open to the closed position.  I have a 066 and you have to pull it over like you mean it every time to avoid the kick back and pulling the handle out of your paws.  I pull slowly a couple time to get the pull handle and piston where I want it prior to the final pull it hard to fire it up.

DHansen

When you have it started, how well does it run?

doc henderson

some have put snow blower handles on the rope, to give more to grip.  they are designed to be used even with gloves on.  I rarely have to reset my decomps, unless it hits a turn or two.  on a four position start switch.  hits on full choke, reset then it starts.  I can pull the first 3 times and not have to reset it.  261 and 880.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Rkymtn57

It ran great !  But now i see it needs new fuel lines.
Where can i buy OEM , those cheap Chinese fuel lines rot in one season.

Thanks again !

beenthere

Pull it over slowly until it comes up against compression. Then give a hard, deliberated pull. 

That is what I do to not get any kickback. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doc henderson

Al_Smith

From my experiance the best D-handle is one made for a Stihl rescue saw with several wraps of rubber electrical tape with several of plastic over that .They are also made for gloves . The tape is only to prevent the rough surface from playing a number on your hand .

Thank You Sponsors!