iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurricane Milton

Started by Magicman, October 08, 2024, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyC

Power and Internet out at my place. Across the  street power never went out. Some power already restored. No major damage. 12" of rain here in 24 hours.

Old Greenhorn

Anybody hear from Caveman yet?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Yes,  i sent him an r u o k at 9am.

"Good here. We have a bit
Of a mess"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

aigheadish

I feel for you guys and I'm glad everyone is ok! 

I was watching from here too and was thinking about this junk hitting at night. So scary! We've had a few big wind storms up here and that's scary enough and nothing like the storms you guys get. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Raider Bill

Got a nice divot in my new roof.
Could have been worse if it hadn't wobbled south at last minute.
They say we got 16" rain in few hours.
Still 10s of thousands without power.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

caveman

This was an odd storm for me.  I cannot remember one dumping this much rain on us in so short an amount of time.  The one that hit Houston a few years ago must have been even worse.

We did not have any damage to structures.  I'm glad we boarded up.  For five or six hours last night sticks and limbs could be heard smacking the boards.  We lost power around midnight.  I walked outside a few times during the storm to check on trees near the house or to try to see fences close to the house.

This is the road leaving our house headed towards U.S. 98.

Heading east, away from the highway.  I'm going to let it dry out a few days before I get too crazy with the cleanup.  Some neighbors had some damage to machine sheds.  We were very fortunate that it was not a lot worse.

Caveman

customsawyer

Glad everyone is okay. All the other stuff can be fixed.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Raider Bill

455k people still without power here.
 Accordng to the outage map.
I've got power but no internet so my business is still closed.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

TroyC

Still without electricity and Internet in Orlando. Everyone around me has electric  :veryangry:

Ianab

Quote from: TroyC on Yesterday at 10:13:19 AMStill without electricity and Internet in Orlando. Everyone around me has electric  :veryangry:
Sucks, but the power co usually prioritizes the biggest faults first, and then works down to the minor ones that only affect a couple of houses.  If one repair gets power back to 500 folks, and another only reconnects 2, well you can understand which one gets fixed first. 

We had a bad wind storm years ago, and were nearly 3 days before power came back on. Not that they didn't have a crew working on it, just they started at the main road and had to fix about 20 faults in about 7 miles of line before they got to the end of the line at our place. But each fault they fixed got a couple more houses livened up. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

NewYankeeSawmill

Quote from: Ianab on Yesterday at 08:38:32 PM
Quote from: TroyC on Yesterday at 10:13:19 AMStill without electricity and Internet in Orlando. Everyone around me has electric  :veryangry:
Sucks, but the power co usually prioritizes the biggest faults first, and then works down to the minor ones that only affect a couple of houses.  If one repair gets power back to 500 folks, and another only reconnects 2, well you can understand which one gets fixed first.

Shortly after we moved to our property out in the country we had a pretty bad ice-storm that took out a lot of power lines, one of those 2-days-w/o-power storms. When the crew finally came to get me hooked back up I was rather grateful... They're not allowed to accept gifts from customers, but I put a couple of frozen Porterhouse steaks in each of the cabs and told them dinner was on me.
Yaknow, my power's only ever out for a few hours now? Weird.
Norwood LUMBERPRO HD36V2

trimguy

How did Jmoore ( spelling )make out ?

Raider Bill

Still 400k  without power as of this morning in my county.
Having problems getting parts is slowing things down.
No gas or propane to be had.

caveman

JMoore did well in this storm.  He had enough roof damage from the last one (Helene) that he'll need a new roof.  He has a tarp and sandbags on his house right now.  He built a vinyl privacy fence around his backyard last year, but he took all of the uprights out of it and strapped them on a trailer deck, so his fence is fine.  He used four ratchet straps to keep his gazebo attached to terra firma.

I may try to get him over here to help put metal back on our lumber piles today.  It's just still so wet at my place that everything is a muddy mess.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!