The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: New item from Wood-Mizer  (Read 7222 times)

Offline Gilman

• Senior Member x2
  • !eliforp ym tide ot deen I
    • Share Post
Re: New item from Wood-Mizer
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2005, 09:03:56 PM »
Is WM going to modify the Accuset program to be able to keep returning to the same height without having to go into manual mode and back to pattern?

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Offline MartyParsons

• Senior Member x2
  • Wood-Mizer Service and sales PA, VA, MD, WV others
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 08:53:22 PM »
No need to modify, just use the reference mode. I think I answered your question.  ???
If you are refering the the Lathe- Mizer once we set the saw head we did not change it. Just shut the saw down from turning and back up. Once you have the 8 sides cut we dropped down a 16th and that is all that was needed to make it round.
Marty
A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
  • Pro-Sawyer Mary and Bibbyman
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 09:44:14 PM »
No need to modify, just use the reference mode. I think I answered your question.  ???
If you are refering the the Lathe- Mizer once we set the saw head we did not change it. Just shut the saw down from turning and back up. Once you have the 8 sides cut we dropped down a 16th and that is all that was needed to make it round.
Marty

Yea,  now that I think about it... with the stop provide that's bolted to the bed rail,  you can set it so it saws out the end of the post but leave the blade on the cut every time.. So you can just pull the head back (after the blade stops) without changing the height setting.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Offline Gilman

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2005, 10:01:27 PM »
The only time I've used the reference mode was on accident.  I'll have to poke at it a bit and see what it does.  What's the common use for Reference?

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005, 10:17:09 PM »
If you're talking about when you poke the button on the upper left of the control panel a second time it displays a number like 12".?  Then if you hit the up swtch,  the sawhead will go up to 12".  (or if you're above 12" and hit the down switch, the head will go down to 12") 

The best use I've put it to was when I cut my last board I hit that button in the upper left twice and then the up switch and the head goes to 12".  Then I offload the last board and load the next log.  The head is about right to start the next log. 

The advantage being,  you don't have to hold the up (or down) switch until it gets to that place.  Just bump it and it goes there.  Meanwhile you can run the hydraulics,  pull the board retrurn up,  flip the switch on the debarker or one of a hundred other things with the hand that's now free.  (I usually poke the reference button AS the last cut is being made so I'm ready as soon as the blade breaks out to hit the up switch and the head will start to come up.)

You can program four refference heights under each of the 1,2,3,4 program buttons.  For some reason,  Mary likes to use the second botton that's set at 24".   I think so she can look down the log better and level it and so on. 
Sawing since '94

Offline Gilman

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 03:20:49 AM »
Hmmmm, I've been looking for that button for a bit. I just couldn't find it.  :-[

I've always thought I'd have to change my AUTO UP to where I wanted to be.  In this mode I decided it would take too much time.

A quick double tap on the MANUAL MODE should work out nice.  A good portion of my time is sawing 18" + logs, which will save me about 20 seconds/log.  Good tip, I like it.  ;D Now I just have to get my axle straightened out. :(

Thanks Mary and Bibby  8)  Boy I'd love to saw with you two for a day.  My brain would be in sponge mode.

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005, 07:27:37 AM »

A quick double tap on the MANUAL MODE should work out nice. 

I was talking about that black/white button to the left of the display.

What I call the manual mode button is one of the four orange buttons below the display - the one on the far left.
Sawing since '94

Kirk_Allen

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005, 08:08:09 AM »
I have an early version of Accuset and discovered by accident that if I want the head to go ALL the way up I select Auto Up, then right after I hit the up lever I hit the auto down button and now the head just keeps going ALL the way up.  Just the oppisite if I want to come all the way down. 

I dont think it was designed to do that but it works nice.  Just have to stop the head before it goes higher than I want. 

Offline Gilman

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2005, 11:17:11 AM »
I thought they were the same botton.  I was thinking of the Black/White too.  I guess you really don't notice which button you're hitting after a while.

Thanks again for the new tip.

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 11:58:07 PM »
I see Wood-Mizer has put up a new web page with pictures of the Lathe-Mizer and the products it can make.

Lathe-Mizer

We were there Monday after the Pig Roast when they were taking these pictures.  ;D
Sawing since '94

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter