iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pro-Sawyer Mary is in the news!

Started by Paschale, August 23, 2005, 07:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Well, I got my Woodmizer Way today, and flipping through it, I saw a familiar face towards the end.  Sure enough, it's an article about Pro-Sawyer Mary and how she basically runs the mill as her full time job.  Very cool article, and it was really pretty cool to recognize a face in the magazine.   8)  Way to go Mary!  Great article about women sawyers, and the main feature was about Mary.  Congrats!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Rockn H

Paschale, you beat me to it. :D  Just flipped through my new Woodmizer Way myself.  Congratulations  Mary. ;D

Jeff

Hey! I know her too!

I dont know what it takes to get one of those. I been asking to gewt on the list for two years, even bought a saw and got me a customer number and STILL cant get an issue.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brad_S.

Any mention of the new hired hand? smiley_whip smiley_heh_heh
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Furby

For those of you that would like to read it and don't get Woodmizer Way, here is  link to the PDF version:
http://www.woodmizer.com/en/inside/woodmizerway/index.aspx

Bibbyman

;D 

I keep checking the mail but our copy ain't come yet.  :(

Looks like a lot of good info in this issue. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Brad_S.

QuoteFor those of you that would like to read it and don't get Woodmizer Way, here is  link to the PDF version:
http://www.woodmizer.com/en/inside/woodmizerway/index.aspx

Do I have an incompatible something or other going on? When I click on the magazine, a blank window opens up.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Rockn H

Bibbyman, I wanted to say something earlier, but changed my mind.  Now I'm going to say it anyway. ::) ;D   It's probably just me but this issue seems to have a different feeling to it.  Maybe there was more on whats going on?  Anyway I liked it and thought this was a good issue.  Still hoping for more of a grass roots, oldtime Folley-Bellsaw, kind of magizine, but they're real close I think. ;D

Jeff, I know how you feel. Been there. :D  If it helps, once they start coming regular, they seem to keep coming regular. :D ;D

sawguy21

I can't read it either. Maybe Bibbyman is trying to keep his treasure under wraps :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

QuoteDo I have an incompatible something or other going on? When I click on the magazine, a blank window opens up.

You just need acrobat reader. The problem is if you are on dial-up, that is a big sized file of almost 7 megabytes. Its probably trying to load.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Rockn H on August 23, 2005, 11:07:15 PM
Bibbyman, I wanted to say something earlier, but changed my mind.  Now I'm going to say it anyway. ::) ;D   It's probably just me but this issue seems to have a different feeling to it.  Maybe there was more on whats going on?  Anyway I liked it and thought this was a good issue.  Still hoping for more of a grass roots, oldtime Folley-Bellsaw, kind of magizine, but they're real close I think. ;D

Jeff, I know how you feel. Been there. :D  If it helps, once they start coming regular, they seem to keep coming regular. :D ;D

I got the PDF to load.  It did hiccup on one page – 35 I think.  We got DSL so that helps a lot.

I just skimmed through it but I think you're right.  Looks like a lot more variety.  I know WM has been working on making the publication more attractive to its readers. 

Remember back a couple of months ago I posted?

Wood-Mizer Way – Your input please.

Wood-Mizer has a new Advertising manager (one that had worked for them for years before) and Deanna Bunten is a new Editor.   I think they've taken as much of our input as they could stand  ;D and put those ideas in the publication.

If you're a Wood-Mizer owner with an interesting story to tell,  I'd think Deanna would like to hear about it.  Good pictures are a help.  You can call her at WM or e-mail her at dbunton@woodmizer.com.   

Sawing since '94

MULE_MAN

Well it worked for me,    ;D  Thanks Furby, They have some good article in it,   8)

I should be getting my copy in the Mail soon. Jeff maybe Wood-Mizer didn't
like you turning your Mill into a Food-Mizer   :D  :D  :D        Now that you changed in back
into a Mill again you'll probably  be getting there magazine   ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Engineer

If you read carefully, in Ms. Bunten's article about SAWLEX and the Shootout, she mentions that she met "some guys from the Forestry Forum..."  but not by name.    FF is making itself known.

It would be nice to drag a few more of the 30,000+ mill owners that WM claims, into this place.

Maybe someone with a small bit of time on their hands could write a short blurb about the FF for Independent Sawmill and Woodlot magazine, or one or two of the other trade rags.   ???

rebocardo

Sometimes when you click on a PDF file and it comes up blank, behind that window is another saying your reader version is old and would you want to upgrade. Since you do not click yes or no it hangs the window that opened the .pdf file waiting for the response.

Roxie

Hey Furby!  Thanks for the link!!   8)

Pro Sawyer Mary.......
WAY TO GO!!   8)
Say when

Bibbyman

Got our copy this evening.   8)

I think this is the best issue ever.  (And not just because Mary is in it.)  ::)

Deanna and the WM guys did a great job. smiley_clapping

Sawing since '94

redpowerd

i was looking thru the mag on the walk back from the mailbox, looking for a ff hat in a crowd like i usually do, then bam, theres that familiar photo of pro-sawer mary! congratulations!!!

it looks like all they did was crop bib out of bibs photo! :D

i knew id end up hanging out with celebs at some point in time....
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Bibbyman

It's funny.  Mary is really a shy and privet person.  She's become very comfortable talking about sawing and sawmills with people at events and such.  Otherwise, she likes to remain anonymous.  ::)

But she's always shocked  :o when someone comes up to her that she's never met before and starts to talk to her like they've known her for a long time.  She does not read the Forestry Forum so she does not know all the people or clued in on the topics they've brought up.  She does the best she can but it's not in her nature.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

When you guys came walking up at the pig roast I recognized Mary first. ;)

Larry

Welp, got my Mizer Way few days go.  Guess it proves ya don't have to own a Miser to get it...buying a few blades probably helps some or maybe I get my copy because..."Even a blind hog gets an acorn once in awhile". :D  I'll feel so obligated, might have to buy a Super one of these days.

Thought it was the best one yet...gonna have to get Mary to autograph my copy...she is now a world famous Sawyer. 8) 8)  The little article bout honey locust hit home...also that was a good stump picture with a proper and safe hinge.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!