iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Repair Parts for an LT15

Started by submarinesailor, August 29, 2005, 01:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Hey Sparks,

We recently had a failure of the inner bearing on our LT15. :( :o :( :o :( :o  As part of the repair parts order, and it was about time, we ordered a new drive belt. The old belt was a BX 82.  The new belt was a BX81.  That 1 inch difference caused us a lot of heartburn because of all the adjustments we had to make.  I know there would have been some adjustments with a new BX82.  But, it wouldn't have been near as many.  Wish I had the LT15 tech manual :P :P :P here in front of me so I could use the proper nominclature and try to descibe some of the problems we had with the adustments.  But, I am at work and mill is 70 miles away.  :( :( :(

Anyway, other than the shorter belt causing us a lot of lost time, I wanted to let you know that the service was super. 8) 8) 8)  The cost wasn't bad that all: 2 B57 tires, 1 BX 82/81 drive belt, 1 bolt and washer for the idler wheel and 1 set of bearings for the idler wheel.  With 2 day shipping, the order can to about $88.00.  Not near a bad as I had expected. 8) 8) 8)

Thanks

Bruce/subsailor

bull

sounds like alot of extra work / what was the prolem in lay mans terms?

I had an LT 15 and had to replace the bearings, I pressed out the bad bearing and pressed in the new bearings
put on the new belts tighten things up and was back to sawing in less than an hour... The bearing let go in the end of the second year or ownership, about 65,000 bfd. ran it for two more years w/out problems. Then sold it and updated to the LT 40.....   LT 15 was such an easy machine to work on and no other problems IE electical of hydralic.....

sparks

Bruce, sounds like they sent you a belt for a LT15 with a centrifical clutch. It uses a BX81. Without a centrifical clutch it uses a BX82. If you can email me your customer number I'll get you the correct belt at n/c.     Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

submarinesailor

Sparks,

It may have to wait until the 11 or 12th of September as we are on our way out the door to Taos County New Mexico.

Bruce

sparks

\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!