iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Problem HELP! Possibly big onan troubles?

Started by Jeff, September 04, 2005, 05:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Sorry Coon that only happens way up North where it gets so DanG cold a body can not breath.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)      Jeff just got a sticky seat or a leaky float.
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

I'll probably crack her open tomorrow. I aint got no logs and Tammy has the last of her boards we cut pounded up on the latest project so I might as well git er done before we get some more logs.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

There's been a couple hints given out on this 'latest project' .............. one of these days we may find out what it is, other than something to keep Tammy busy............ ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Paul_H

I wonder if Jeff is building a wood stove?  :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

chet

Quote from: Paul_H on September 07, 2005, 12:04:57 AM
I wonder if Jeff is building a wood stove? :P

If he is, I hope he's buildin' it out of noncombustible wood.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

sounds like the makins of annuder chet joke.

Tom

It's got nuthin' to do with nuthin'.  Just an incident that happened years ago up in Folkston.

A barn was being built and one of the friends had volunteered to help.  There is a lot of volunteering up in Folkston.   This fellow was johnny on the spot, but, you had to work around his mental slowness sometime's.

"Possom!", came the call from the roof.  "Bring me another board".

"What kind of board?", came the reply from the other side of the building.

"A 1x6, we're sheeting".

"Do you want a wooden one?"  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Jeff

Got the carb off and this fell out of one of the ports. I dont know which!  can someone help or does someone have a manual?

DonE911

Jeff thats just an extra part.... you don't really need it  ;D ;D

Kinda like those extra things you ended up with when you take something apart and put it back together....  I was always in trouble when I asked my grandfather where this extra part to HIS lawnmower was supposed to go :D :D

Jeff

I'd kinda like to put this one back in as my extra parts can is way to full...

DonE911

Yeah I understand....  thats why we buy our coffee in a can instead of them vacume packed bags ;D

Bro. Noble

Oh Jeff, 

You're just blogging us,  aren't you ??? ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Timburr

Good choice of a new- found word....blogging :D
Sense is not common

D._Frederick

Jeff,

Look for an openning that has a seat for the round end to seal against.

pigman

In my opinion it goes in hole  G  in your picture. Ok, I don't know.   The reason I bought WM  with a diesel was to keep from having carb problems. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Just guessing from looking at the pic, but "B" looks like it might be it.

Look at the other half and see if there is something to indicate where it goes.

Just take the other carb apart and this time take note of where it falls out from. ;D ;D

Jeff

with a little help from wood-mizer and with the post from  D._Frederick  I narrowed it down to a pretty good guess.   None of Wood-mizer's books show the part that fell out. :-\

Furby, you dont want to know what I did before I made this post. :-[

I dont think the carb was the problem. When I had both of them off, I could turn them updide down, and try to blow into the fuel lines and the needles were doing thier job, No leak through that way, regardless, I cleaned both carbs again but put the old one back on. I then pulled the ful pump.  The hose going to the back was wet inside, althoug I could not get it to leak gas while blowing on it, I think this may have been the problem. I hope. I put the one on off of kevins engine, pumped up the bulb, and after changing the oil AGAIN, firesd it up. Started right up. Shut it down for a few minutes and it fired off quickly again, this was have way through the thunderstorm so I figured I would come in and get dry clothes on.   I did power it up a couple times and it seemed to be running smoother. I hope this is not just wishful thinking.  When it quits raining I'll go try to start it again. If it fires right off I think we have something, as anytime it has set in the past, it starts real hard.

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
Sorry for laughing, but I can make a pretty good guess what ya did!  ;) ;D

Can't say I haven't done something like that myself................... ::)

woodbeard

I actually just had mine apart today beacause my engine seems to be running rich, too, so I was checking the needle valve in it.
I'm just going on recall, but I seem to remember the spring being in hole E.

Jeff

Yep, E is where I ended up putting it, there is a small brass bin on the top of the carb that fits into the top of the spring.  THe thing started so, so far, so good.

Rockn H

Jeff, you weren't trying to mess us up with F were you?  Looks like I see threads in that there hole. ;D

Glad it sounds like you got it figured out.  I'll have to remember that one since I'm running an onan also.  I would have never thought about the vacum operated fuel pump sucking gas back through the intake. ;)

hawby

Jeff,

Did you say, "Rain?" What is that????? We are so dry down here. The weatherman keeps promising it, but the ground is cracking.....
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Furby

I hear ya Hawby!
Was wondering what that was Jeff was talking about.

Thank You Sponsors!