Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

D._Fredrick and Charlie

Here is a place for you to visit.

http://www.steamlocomotive.com/bigboy/

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Tom, I ran across that site also when researching Canadian steamers. I linked up with the Alberta Railroad museum and my browser froze up.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

I took my three year old godson there some years ago. It was really neat seeing their steamer firing up. Stephen wanted to go in a caboose and sat down. I asked him what he was waiting for and he replied "a ride". He was not happy when I told him the caboose was not going anywhere :D

Don_Papenburg

I saw the UPs 4884 in the Henry Ford  musseum. That is one big Monster.

I live by a rail line that stands trains for a spell  . all of the deisels take up slack with a thud  thud thud thud thud as the train starts to roll . But now it goes on for a mile and a half . Sort of vanishes out of ear shot till the train has started to creep slowly. By the time the last few cars pass it is  finaly up to speed Makes it hard to read the gaffitti . Not that much of it is worth reading any more . But there are a few good artist every now and again. Once and a while there will be a good one liner or short bit of advice.

Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

sawguy21

I enjoy seeing the cars from different lines. While in British Columbia a month ago, I saw a CPR freight with cars from the Chattahoochie Industrial Railway. Long way from home.

SwampDonkey

I saw some rail cars from Union Pacific loaded with vehicles on a CN train. That line goes to Moncton, NB. , the hub of the Maritimes. The train stretched a long way up the track as I was waiting to cross. I didn't see the engines, got there too late. But, I've seen 3 or 4 linked up before. Trains here don't have cabooses any longer.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!