iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bob Dylan fans

Started by SwampDonkey, October 01, 2005, 04:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

If anyone is interested, Maine PBS is airing an encore Presentation of 'Bob Dylan : No Direction Home'. It's an American Masters Documentary, 4 hours long. October 1st at 8:00 pm EST.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/dylan/index.html
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

I saw that when it came on last week, kept me up past my bed time.
That was a real good show. Man he'd get booed darn near every where he went!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

I tried to watch the first airing, but sleep deprevation over took me. ;D I intend to tape it tonight. It's not only about a man, but an era in my opinion.

I felt the same when they aired the show about Bob Newhart, used to love those shows (both versions). ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

I stayed up way past my bedtime to catch it the first time around, too.  I sure get grouchy when I have to rely on coffeine to keep me going . . . but that's another story.

I learned a whole lot that I didn't know about the man.  Got to give him credit for doing things his own way.  Loved his music before and love and appreciate it more now.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

I find alot of his songs very moving.  :) I have to admit though, when I was growing up we never even heard of him, but I would here a couple of his songs now and again and never knew who it was untill later. I'm glad I taped the show.  :) I don't know why my mother and uncle don't remember him, they are around his age.  ::)

SwampDonkey

Here are some of Dylan's best Albums

Blood on the Tracks
Before the Flood
Time out of Mind
Planet Waves
Vol 1-3: 1961-1991 Bootleg

All can be found on Amazon.com

OneWithWood

Check out Love and Theft.  More of a blues influence and DanG good.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

woodmills1

Bob is Americas modern poet.  It was interesting to see that show, and it helped me how or why he got fed up with interviews.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SwampDonkey

Some older Dylan Releases with accoustic guitar and harmonica.

The Times They are a Changin'
The Free Wheelin Bob Dylan
Another Side of Bob Dylan

'The Essential Bob Dylan- 2 Discs' has some good tracks from over the years also.

Awesome :)  8)

Thank You Sponsors!