iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sponsorship opportunities for members who have a small business?

Started by Jeff, November 16, 2005, 11:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

How impressive is this?  8)

Search google with this:

portable bandmill wisconsin
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on November 27, 2005, 11:27:23 PM
How impressive is this?  8)

Search google with this:

portable bandmill wisconsin

VERY impressive!   8) 
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Coon

Sorry Jeff,
  I don't think that this little tid bit of advertising would do much in my case.  I have yet to see or hear of any other people on the Forestry Forum from Saskatchewan.  99% of all of my sales are from within this province.  Under a normal year I may get only major sale from out of province.  Even with the tax deductable receipt to recover the cost of the advertising I can not justify this.  I am not saying that this is not a very good thing to do, it is just the frontage that does not work for me.  Maybe at a later date I will be interested (once I can see ssome sort of activity on behalf of people from Saskatchewan, Manitoba and, possibly more involvement from Saskatchewan.

Sorry,  Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Paschale

Hey Brad,

The thing is this:  by being here on the Forum, you actually have serious frontage on Google, so that if anyone, who hasn't even ever heard of the Forum, Googles you, you'll pop up towards the top in a search for Saskatchewan custom sawmilling.  The Forestry Forum has so much traffic that Google "spyders" it all the time, thus by appearing on here, you automatically rise to the top in Google's search engine.  The bottom line?   You have high traffic when anyone searches for a sawmiller in your province.

That's what's been going on with Stumpy's site--it's jumped to the top in the Google search, simply because he's on here.   The advertising has less to do with advertising to the people who might frequent the forum, but rather it gets your name in the Google heirarchy so you can quickly become top dog in the search engines for your particular niche market.  Pretty cool stuff!   8)

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

Thats cool brad. :)  Hopefully this is something that will benefit some of the members.  Actually, this is closer to a PBS pledge where you get a premium.  The folks that do it are supporting the forum in their own way above and beyond anything that is ever expected of a member, and hopefully, in return, the small thing like placing the link on the forum will give them some sort of positive return. 

The only thing EVER expected of a member for support is to be part of the group, contribute to the conversations where you can and help another member if you have the opportunity.

Coon

Jeff,

I'll have to run this by the wife.  If'n she figure that it may justify our cost with a little advertising then I think it may be a possbility.  She will most likely go for it.   

I didn't realize that this would be linked through google.  I guess it was my bad  :D  for not reading the complete post through and through.  I'll let you know if and when we decide.  Personally, I think it may possibly do our business some good. ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Don't know if anyone that has the links on the front page have tried any new searches related to thier link or not, but I have done a couple. Here is one that I was pretty surpriced with because it was so general.

try in google:

Sawmilling LLC

or simply

hickory and oak

crtreedude

Okay, I will go on record that Forestry Forum can REALLY haul you up in the searches.

Search on:

green investing tropical hardwood

This is exactly what I wanted to capture (before I didn't even exist... buried pages deep), now we are number two!

Very well spent money for sponsership - thanks Jeff!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

I am truly glad to hear that. I was hoping that we could help make a difference.  :)

SwampDonkey

In google type:

timber inventory new brunswick (1st in the list)

woodlot management plans new brunswick (also on the first page)

;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D :D :D

No, but after reading about Crtreedude's google ranking, I had to pipe in. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

Jeff,

I am wondering if you would accept an ad for another website.  My sister-in-law has a RPG website/forum and is trying to get it off the ground and is not having to much luck(it is going slowly).

I was thinking of maybe buying space for an ad for her site as a Christmas present and help this site too.  I think you have started a great site.  Let me know what your feelings are on this.

Here is a link to her site to let you see if you deem it appropriate.

http://secrethavens.com/

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Doug, really, the space for this is quite limited and I would like to reserve it for Forestry Forum member businesses.  :)

Jeff

Just did a check on stumpy's sponsorship link thing. Stumpy did not have a webpage.  He did a years member sponsorship so we built him just a simple one page web to link to.

Try this, search google for:

wisconsin portable sawmill

pretty amazing. Of all the sawmills that must be in wisonsin. 8)  That just tickles me to no end. ;D

getoverit

WOW !! I did it and got this:

Results 1 - 20 of about 76,100 for wisconsin portable sawmill. (0.37 seconds)

No wonder there are so many from the great north on here  :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Jeff

Ya'll probably get tired of me bragging over this but I gotta give ya the latest results.

Try just 

swingmills

in google. ;D  TOP OF THE PILE!

SwampDonkey

Jeff

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 22, 2006, 08:25:08 PM
try

'swing mills'  in google

Dohh!!  :o

Now that I know that, Give me a few days.  ;D  Cant be having that..! HUMPH!

Jeff

I have made some adjustments. We wont be having none of that crap when it comes to those guys. >:( ;) ;D

Chris Burchfield

Good morning Jeff. I've read all of this link. You identified that you wanted this for the members who have small businesses. I've not started my business yet and was considering going LLC. My tax guy persuaded/convenced me to go full INC. as the LLC did not protect me personally or my personal assets. Hope there is a way you can know us little guys when your trying to judge a book by it's cover.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Jeff

farmerdoug

Jeff,  I think he is worried that because he is a full corporation that you will not think of him as a small business. :-\

Chris,  I think you are off a little as Jeff sees all businesses as a multinational corps with big bucks to spend.  :o Just kidding, Chris, I am sure Jeff would love that though.   ;D Jeff knows a small business when he sees one.  Now if you grow as big as Arkansawyer then you will be charged the corporae rate. :D :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Chris Burchfield

You got it Farmerdoug. Arky is about to be big as he wants. I wanted to hookup with Arky and the guys from Will's place in Lt. Rock tommorrow, but a man called with logs to saw. Arky said that his Pa said " a mans got to make hay while the sun shines." Of course it rained all day here yesterday.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: Chris Burchfield on February 03, 2006, 07:27:34 AM
Arky said that his Pa said " a mans got to make hay while the sun shines." Of course it rained all day here yesterday.

You weren't supposed to be making hay yesterday, you were supposed to be sawing logs.  You can saw logs in the rain.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Thank You Sponsors!