iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Of passing interest to me (or) another dumb crook story.

Started by Jeff, December 14, 2005, 08:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

I hate those tv shows that show how fast a thief can steal all the items in your home, Its like vocational training for crooks.
remember man that thy are dust.

slowzuki

The forks thieves sound like meth heads.  They seem to steal scrap metal more than anything.  Some people I know from the left coast were at the scrap yard and the people in front (who looked like tweakers or methheads, noticable cause they pick their faces and such) had a truck load of anything metal you would find in an apartment.

They were mad because the yard wouldn't take the aluminum in the windows while the glass was in them. 

They were pretty familar with the meth addicts because they are always trying to steal their trailer from the yard or any metal laying around.

OneWithWood

Quote from: slowzuki on December 15, 2005, 08:41:03 AM
They were pretty familar with the meth addicts because they are always trying to steal their trailer from the yard or any metal laying around.

Don't suppose they would try and sell it back to the yard they just stole it from?  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Murf

Around here it's gotten to be a real game of cat & mouse, the theives have all figured out that they can get paid to steal if they take a job as a tow truck (wrecker) driver.  :D

The newbies all get the overnight shifts and while their bosses are asleep, their stealing anything they can winch into the air, or up onto the flatbed.

The big thing lately has been stuff at constructions sites, forks, backhoe or loader buckets, water pipe, fire hydrants, etc.

They also recently cracked a car stealing ring, they would cruise the shopping malls looking for a particular vehicle to strip for parts after one like it had been in an accident. When they found it they would just hook up & drive off, who would think twice about seeing a wrecker picking up a car in broad daylight? After stripping they would drop it back off at the mall in the wee hours of the morning.

My Dad always says, "......if they would only put those brains to an honest use......".

I also heard that cattle rustling is making a comeback.  ::) 
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

They get paid here to steel Moosehead beer marked for sale in Mexico. :D :D

The Beer Bandit

;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!