iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Curly Maple" burned down his house today.

Started by Daren, March 06, 2006, 06:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I have this neighbor I have mentioned in the sawing forum, "Curly Maple". I call him that for anyone who hasn't read my posts on him because he has split and burned more curly maple than I have seen in the last 2 years. He heats his house with huge walnuts, cherry... I have went round and round with him and have said some things about him here that are not real nice. I was eating lunch today when the fire dept. went out. His place was on fire, he had stoked a big stove full and ran out for awhile. It was all gone when he came back. I just helped him dig a hole for his dog. :'(. DanG it, I hate to see that happen to anybody. He does have kin close and he seamed pretty upbeat for a guy who just lost his home. I am going to take the skidsteer down in a day or two when the rain lets up and push some stuff around. My buddy stopped by a minute ago and said offer to buy his monster splitter and put him out of business, I will wait till the smoke clears so to speak on that conversation.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Brad_S.

Wow. Certainly one of my biggest fears. My heart and prayers go out to him.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Radar67

I've been on the receiving end of a house fire many years ago as a kid. It is not an experience I would wish on anyone. I'll say a prayer for him.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

sawguy21

That hurts :'(. I hope he can rebound and get back on his feet.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

OUCH!!!  That was an awefully hard kick in the dually's I'd have to say.   :o :o  Hope he had insurance on the place.  Maybe now he'll think twice about giving you some of those logs that you've wanted so bad.  Maybe you'll have a job sawing out some lumber for him to rebuild his home.
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!