iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 036 Bar

Started by Tony, April 15, 2006, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Been doing a little old fence row/edge of soybean field cleaning, getting
some pretty good logs, too. ;D ;D 

Anyway started noticing the bar on my 036 getting a little warm, ok ::)
pretty hot >:( >:(  I guess the sprocket has gone bad. The saw has a good
many hours on it. The sprocket has a tight place in the rotation when turned by
hand.

I guess I need advice on type of bar ??? ??? ???   current bar is 20"

Thanks,
                                                     Tony   8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

treeape

is the oiler working right?

Tony

Quote from: treeape on April 15, 2006, 09:11:51 PM
      is the oiler working right?

Yes, I think the oiler is working fine.
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

fishhuntcutwood

If you don't want to replace the tip, get a Stihl 20" bar.  20" is fine for that saw.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

SawTroll

Are you sure that you really need the 20" bar?

The 361 balances about perfect with the 18" Rollomatic E (not ES), and I am pretty sure that the 036 also will. 8)

Oregon Pro-Lite is a good option at a lower price, the correct Oregon tail pattern for your saw is D025.

I value the lighter weight of the laminated bars higher than the increased durability of the solid  (replacable tip) ones, but that's just me.....  ;)
Information collector.

spencerhenry

i run a 20" on almost all of my saws except for special occassions. that includes my 026,036,044,066. i agree, the rollomatic e is  a lightweight bar. you said the bar was getting hot, where was it getting hot, the tip, the rails, the whole thing. is the tip the right pitch for the chain? when you fill the gas, is the oil almost empty? bars shouldnt run hot unless there is an oiling problem. for the bar to get truly hot, the tip would have to be generating a huge amount of heat and that much heat would probably sieze the bearings.
just my thoughts

Thank You Sponsors!