iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas mill recommendation for personnel use

Started by alsayyed, May 01, 2006, 11:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Today I have received an email from Lucas milling machine. I have requested cataloge then they sent me the information by email.  I have found out there many types of machines and the price is ranging form $5000 and up.
I could not make my mind for which I want, actually I want for this machine for persoannel use and be able to slab some logs.
The cheaspest model is 
Model 613 – 160mm / 6.25 inch Cut 

Model 618 - 160mm / 6.25 inch Cut

Please who owns the Lucas mill please speak out which you one you recommend. And how dose it work?.

Dakota

I bought the 613.  This model has a 13 hp Honda engine.  I quickly found out that I needed a bigger engine.

The 618 has a 18 hp electric start B&S.  I upgraded to this engine.  It made all the difference.

If I had  to do it again, I'd get an 8" model.  I like my Lucas but I'd look at the Peterson also.
Dakota
Dave Rinker

brdmkr

I have a 618 and I like it.  It does a good job for me.  There are times that I would like to have the 8 inch cut of the 827.  I think the swing mills work best with large diameter logs.  If you have smaller logs (less than 14 inch diameter) and a method to move the logs, I would consider a band mill.  I love really large logs with the Lucas 8)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

arnold

The best mill is the 618 for easy use.
If you can afford buy the 827 for production.
Have fun

Part_Timer

I have the Peterson not the Lucas but horse power is horse power and more is better.

I have a 8"25 hp and love it.

Get the most HP you can afford you won't be disapointed

Just my .02
Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

getoverit

I also have a Peterson, but it is the 10" model ATS. Mine has a 13hp Honda, and I wish I had a 27hp.

Go for all the power you can afford!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Thank You Sponsors!