iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is a chain?

Started by Tom, June 08, 2006, 11:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayfed

Do the deer flies follow your truck mirrors down the woods roads?  This generally indicates how crappy the deer flies will be for the day.

Another observation: It seems that each day only a set amount of deer flies will bother you if you are in the woods (not on the roads).   Killing the 2-3 that are bothering you brings another 2-3 - all day unless the weather changes.  Smacking the 5-6 that are bothering you will  send a request out for another 5-6. At which point the ear plugs are put in.

But, if you stop moving, soon there will likely be none bothering you. Must be that motion thing. If 'it' moves like a deer ...
A second warmer and drier summer.

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

QuoteDo the deer flies follow your truck mirrors down the woods roads?  This generally indicates how crappy the deer flies will be for the day.

Yup, just one of'm present indicates how crappy the day will be.  :D

I think you are right as in the number of flies at you at any one time, but as the first ones get their fill the next available recruit rushes in. :D

I've noticed in the garden, onlye one of them deer flies will come colliding and crawling on ya, swat that and only one more comes by for a try at it. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Phorester

"Multiply length times width in chains, then divide by 10.  You now have the acres of that field.  Ex;  you've paced off a field that is 6 chains long by 4 chains wide.  6 x 4 = 32 square chains."

Okay........, I was making a joke here...., then forgot to come back to this thread to follow up with it.  ::) Did everybody miss this math mistake or was everybody just being polite by not pointing it out???

Figuring acres like that, I thought I'd at least be asked to sell land for somebody.  ;D  Good profit in selling more land than you have......

beenthere

I had forgotten about it, thinking that someone would speak up. 

But then, as we were being our 'normal' selves, we knew what you meant and were being 'polite'   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I wasn 't going to say anything.   I was the one that asked the questions.  :D :D

Phorester

Just what I figured....., a bunch of polite people are on this Board.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!