iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My sons legs moved

Started by Buzz-sawyer, July 15, 2006, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

As you all may know my son Daniel was in a critical car crash last month...........
Some of youhave sent cards and gifts, and they are very much appreciated...and have helped to pay for gas to get to the hospital and back....a big help, we are staying the 24 / 7 and  commute home so the drive has been a big one.

Well my son has had several agrivating obstacles...fever and numonia..... and had several near death experiences inthe ICU these last 21 days.

Yesterday , morning about 2 am i found him trying to throw all his pillows , covers onthe floor, and pulling himself sideways in bed......he is unable to speak, but signaled that he wanted to write a note......he said,"MY GOAL IS TO WALK........TO MY BED"
I said something about already being in his bed...., he replied...,"THIS IS NOT MY BED!"
Well about 4 pm that same day, while being examined by spinal rehabilitation attending doctor, he made minute movements in various parts of his legs and there was also a sudden jerk, the very instance she gave the command"Move you legs"....he has had NO reflex or pain response since the accident and the doctors felt the injury was 98% sure to be paralisis.....
IT AINT. smiley_clapping
Thanks to the God of heaven.......we aint outta thewoods yet ....but definitely a good day.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Norm

Whoo hoo! 8)

That's great to hear Don. :)

Patty

WOW!   That is wonderful news, Buzz!  The best news I have heard all month! Good for him and good for you!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

beenthere

Buzz
Thanks for the good news and will keep you in our prayers.

Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. We'll sure try.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

badpenny

A journey of a thousand miles begins with 1 step. Sounds like things are going to work out great. Really good news to hear.
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Radar67

This is good news Buzz. I've still got him and your family on my prayer list.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodbowl

Another good day and more on the way.  8)  8)  8)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Paschale

Great news, Buzz!     8) 8) 8)  Thanks for sharing it...you all will continue to be in my prayers...
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

asy

So cool!

Just made my weekend!

Thanks For the update!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

SwampDonkey

Great news Buzz for sure. One day at a time man.  :)  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawman

Glad to here the good news, you and your family are still on our prayer
list as well.
   May God continue to strenghten and bless you all.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

sawguy21

Great news Buzz. He sounds like a fighter.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jtmccallum

Great news Don,  You and Daniel continue to be in our prayers. 
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

ellmoe

Great news Buzz.

Best wishes for continued improvement.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Grawulf

Buzz,
That is AWESOME! Our God is sooooo good. Tell Daniel to keep on keepin' on!   8)

ronwood

Buzz,

Good to hear your son is doing better.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

JimBuis

Buzz,
I pray that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be glorified as Daniel recovers and seeks Him in all things.

Praise God,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Don P

That is such good news. I hope he can continue to draw from that well.  Doctors know an awful lot, but our spirit is what makes or breaks the deal. Sounds like he's made of the right stuff  :)

EZ

Great news, Buzz.
God is great.
Keep up the faith and all will be great.
God has Blessed you and your son.

EZ

fstedy

Buzz
Thats great progress but I know he still has a long way to go so we'll keep the prayers comming.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

J_T

Great news Buzz been thinking about yua'll 8)
Jim Holloway

DanG

Praise be to God!  Daniel's faith and resolve are taking over this challenge and those are things you have instilled in him, Don.  I have no doubt that he will overcome this obstacle, and go on to lead a productive life in spite of whatever limitations he may have.  My prayers continue. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tnlogger

buzz best news I've heard all week.  :) thanks for the update.
gene

oakiemac

That is great news Buzz. My prayers will be with you and your son.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

thecfarm

I told my wife about Dan and we both are very happy for him.We are so glad of the news and the determation that he has.That will help him through of that is to come.Tell him that he has ours throughts and prays all the way from Chesterville Maine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ed_K

What a Great Sunday Morning Suprise  8).
Ed K

dewwood

Buzz,

That's great news!  :)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Jeff

About the only thing one can truly say is thank you to God for giving Dan the gift of the ability to fight back from this.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wesdor

Fantastic!  His attitude is a great help, and the multitude of prayers you are surrounded with are also a big part of this.  Thanks for keeping us all informed. 

TW

CONGRATULATIONS Daniel and Buzz smiley_clapping

Many thanks to the doctors.

They say that a person who is determined to recover also motivates the doctors to do their best.
It is said to be a sceintifically proven fact that the body a person who does not give up does heal damage better.
It sounds like those factors are definitely in Daniels favour.

I am looking forward to hear of the next step in his recovery.

getoverit

Praise God!

My prayers are still with you and your son.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

UNCLEBUCK

Everyday my family ask's about Dan and I just am so happy to hear of this new news . The mayo clinic told my dad he would never walk again ,that was 30 years ago and he proved them wrong after 12 months .

Pulling for Dan , great news Buzz  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

theonlybull

great news buzz   8)

thanks for letting us know....   your son is in our prayers
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

Quartlow

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) That is fantastic news Buzz!!!!!! That young man sounds just stubborn enough to beat it and thats GREAT!!!!!!!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Snag

Hope things are still going well Buzz.  Keep us updated when you have a chance and we'll keep prayin'.

Murf

That's really great news Buzz.  8)

I'll keep you all in my prayers still all the same.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

dave7191

Buzz i don't say much on here but you and yours have been in my thoughts and will continue to be there

crtreedude

Excellent Buzz!

Most of the time we accomplish things because we are too subborn to know that it can't be done.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Buzz-sawyer

Thank you all for your encouraging comments....and your thanks/praise to God!
A LOT has transpired since my last post.........

Daniel was fighting it out and working for his every breath then...but ..........

today he us doing soooooo much better!
He is currently in rehabilitation institute....which is the state of the art center for spinal rehabilitation :)
Daniel is OFF life support, .............. 8) 8)

OFF intravenious fluids.......... 8) 8)

OFF sedation........................ 8) 8)

He is OFF trach tube in his neck................... 8) 8) 8) 8)
He is ON food................ 8) 8)
On drinking.................... 8) 8)
ON physical therapy......................... 8) 8)

Gaining much strength in his arms and fingers
Here is pic of Dan after he woke up in I C U after 24 days..............Glad to be alive!!!!

Here is a pic of him only 2 days latter....free of tubes and machines and working out his arms I said to him,"feel the burn junior!!!!! " :D :D :D

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

estiers

Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  What a GREAT update. We are very happy for you and your family, Buzz.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

fstedy

YAHOO thats great news!!!!!
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

asy

Such good news Buzz!!!

Tell him we all said HI!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

ellmoe

That's great Buzz! 8)

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Ed_K

Yes, the smile says a lot  8).
Ed K

joelmar10

horn_smiley   Sound the trumpets!!!!  Keep  up the good work, Dan.  Glorify the Lord all the earth.
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

DanG

Those last few posts were a little bit blurry.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Thank the Lord that young man is making that kind of progress!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Norm

Good to see him smiling. Thank you God. :)

bitternut

That smile says it all. Like Dang said things are getting a little blurry. Thank God and keep the faith.

pappy

quite blurry here as well...

Thanks be to God !!!!

8) 8) 8) 8)

The best in keeping on Daniel !!!!!!!!!

Tim
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

PineNut

Having been a ICU waiting room resident for several times, I know how hard it has been on you Buzz. Now that you can see that little flicker of light keep growing, it makes it all worth while. Daniel has been and will continue to be in our prayers and we are praying for a full recovery.

DoubleD

GREAT !!! I really happy for this cool news. Don thank you for keeping us informed
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

MULE_MAN

That's the kind of News we like to hear,   8)      Now just keep on posting
News like that
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Quartlow

That is fantastic news Buzz !!  8)  8)  8)
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

jtmccallum

Great news Buzz,  You and Daniel have been in my thoughts and prayers as I have been traveling in your neck of the woods lately.   ...John
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

theonlybull

thanks for the update buzz.   8)   glad to hear he's progressing well
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

Thank You Sponsors!