iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a Trailer foran Oscar30

Started by DomR, September 29, 2006, 10:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomR

I'd like to say that I'm going to stop asking questions but you all keep giving me food for thought.  TC- now I understand the 30'trailer. I had not thought about room to maneuver the log and the irregular timber.  Farmer 77 your point about portability is valid and valued. I think ............        WAIT , thats what got me here. If he wants to cut in Oct and get a jump on snow we are going to have to tie it together on ground bunks and work on the trailer in the heart of winter.  Should have enough oops lumber to build a shed or garage or barn or rental unit by then.
Dom   
life is a merry go round and I'm getting dizzy

bhub

I use a hudson oscar 30 also - had the same set up issues. I decided to get 2 pieces of hudson track and put them on a 6"x 6" frame. I also put up a quick roof over my saw. Keeps the rain and sun away and Protects my investment. I have a tent across from my saw shed that houses my lumber. Tomorrow I am making that a 10x 20 shed with roof and shade dry walls. I have a piece of shade dry to go around the perimeter of the new shed 60 feet. The shed walls are 6 foot high so shade dry makes a great wall. Metal roofining keeps out the sun rain and snow. By the way I bring my wood by trailer to my saw. Go to my gallery and you can see what i do. I am just a guy cuttin walnut and cherry for my own use. Kinda hokey but gets the job done
good luck
b

arj

Yes I used the Hudson track, just laged it to the oak timbers under
it. Also put blocks under each bunk its very stable I`ve cut 36"x 20`
oak very heavy turned the cant by wrapping a chain around it and
lifting with my bucket loader. I added a section of track I made myself
I only Had some 2x2x1//4 angle iron So I shimed it up with 1" boards
ot make it level with the stock 3x3
                                                              arj

Thank You Sponsors!