iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Dogs / Man's best friend.

Started by ARKANSAWYER, January 30, 2003, 05:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Scooter is rather photogenic. He has his picture scattered all over the forum. I found out hes valuable! They call them designer dogs now.  Didnt know that when Tammy's dad aquired him and then he was left to us when Bob died.  He is part pomaranian and part yorky.  Now that he is gaining a little weight his breed type makes sense. He's a Porky!  ;D

I have several favorite photos of scooter.

Posing:

Studying

Agitating

snuggling

composting

and finally, I just dont know what he was thinkin. :-\ :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Captain

Sometimes life is full of suprises.

Our 6yo son Brendan is constantly getting into things, mostly because they get left around where he can get in to them  ::).  The other day, I was reviewing some pictures in the digital camera and discovered that he had taken a few dozen pictures around the house.   Here are two.

This is Toneya Page.  She is our 13yo Dalmation.  She is getting deaf and really needs to get out early in the morning to go to the bathroom now, but has been the greatest dog I've ever had.

This is Halli Ganbar.  She is our 3yo Dalmation, and absolutely loves Brendan to pieces.  She is not as smart and obedient as Toneya, but is a pleasure to have around because of her terrific attitude. 

You should see the rest of the pictures, he even did a self portrait.  Can anybody figure out the dog's names??

Captain

sprucebunny

"Tone ya" out or page you ???

"heck of a bargan" ???

Any other interesting pictures by Brendan ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Murf

Umm, errr, Bossman, is dat pooch of yers wearin a ......... well, err, a climbing harness?  ::)    :D

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Jeff

Quote from: Murf on April 25, 2006, 10:24:47 AM
Umm, errr, Bossman, is dat pooch of yers wearin a ......... well, err, a climbing harness?  ::)    :D

Why yes he is. He's one of the finest tree surgeons in Harrison.

Murf

Lemme guess, he specializes in small doses of high PH fertilizer delivered on surface at the base of the tree?  :D  :D  :D

Mine don't wear no harness, it slows 'em down when they're in hot pursuit of a squirrel....  ;D

HARLEYRIDER

here's my pup. She's a yellow lab 8yo, but thinks she's 2yo. she goes to work with me everyday, and guards the truck well

Greenwoods Timberworks

thecfarm

My dog will climb through culverts.So far he's made it through everytime.Don't let Murf pick on Scooter's climbing harness.My Boo Boo has one too.He's not on a leash much,never around here and he chokes himself.Use to sound like he's coughing.The harness did the trick.My dog looks like Scooter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Its really our scooter handle. Makes it much easier to pick him up. :)

Murf

DanG!!! Now that's a good idea !!!   ::)

My little ones are so durned fast I need sumat like dat ta git em.  ;)

Ron Scott

A handle is "handy". Oliver, the Jack Russel is carried off the Yellowstone River near Ennis, Montana after his boat trip.

~Ron

BW_Williams

Captain, I know what a Halligan Bar is!  Also know as a Holigan on our Dept :D, most the time the tool I'm carrying is a pulaski,  good pics.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Captain

Joan got the first, and BW the second....both Fire Department Themed.

Congrats, may be worth a contest handout or something soon....

Captain

treecyclers

Well, gang, I must share the good news!
This past Saturday, at 12:42 PM, I became a Daddy!
Weighing in at 43 pounds, I am the proud papa of a beautiful baby boy!
He has his Mama's good looks, and his daddy's brawn.
Reddish blond hair, and gorgeous brown eyes!
I have photos, and will post a link once I post htem to my website!
Dave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Murf

43 pounds !!!!  smiley_eek_dropjaw

What in da heck are you da proud papa of, a mule?  :D

Well, at any rate, congrats all 'round just the same.  8)

treecyclers

Nah, no mule here!
A German Shephard/Chow/Akita mix pup that's one year old!
He's silent when he bops around the yard, but when he gets to chewin on his rawhide bone on the porch, it's like an earthquake! He shakes the WHOLE porch!
Hence, his name - Earthquake!
It seems that he has had some law enforcement training, is very well mannered, and loves to be right with me, especially in the truck!
I open the back slider window for him, and he sticks his head out - it looks really funny from the outside - like he's mounted on the wall.
What a cool dogger!
Still awaiting uploading hte pix!
Dave 8)
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

asy

WOW Dave!

Can't wait to see the photos.

I can sympathise with the name, my bestest dog EVER was named Jericho, coz when he came home the walls came tumbling down :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

thecfarm

Now here's a real log dog

He's checking to make sure the tree was cut right.He had a ball checking out the logs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Here is Puddinhead on Dec 1,2006.  She's breaking the trail after a 14"+ snow storm.

All that works makes for a good nap.  Normally she's an outside dowg but she has found it awful nice to come inside for a cozy nap.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dave Shepard

Our new log dog:

It was getting dark, and this was the first time he stopped moving. :D He's an 11 week old Australian Cattle Dog, and mostly insane.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beenthere

Quoteand this was the first time he stopped moving.
Well yaahh!       da end a da chain has dat affect on ya!  ;D

Nice lookin pup. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Let's get a better look at that guy Dave!

asy

How about some photos in some LIGHT! :)

Very Cute, but then most Aussies are  ;D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Sprucegum

He's probably still looking for them Australian cattle  ::)  ::)

I wish I had space for a real dog  :(

Onthesauk

And scary smart dogs.  Many dogs obey commands but I think part of it is the inflection in your voice.  I had a carpenter friend with one of these dogs.  He could ask the dog, in a normal conversational tone, to bring him a particular tool and the dog would do it.  I swear that dog understood english as well as you or I.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Thank You Sponsors!