iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baker Sawmill at Poignant Logging

Started by whitepe, January 08, 2007, 06:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepe

Last week I drove up to Lacon, Illinois with my friend to see the new sawmill
at Poignant Logging.   It is a Baker mill and is still being assembled. It has log deck, 15 HP AC powered hydraulic unit and a 50 HP electric motor to drive the band mill.  Downstream is a sorting table and an edger.
From what I was told, it is the first of it's kind from Baker.  Does anyone have any further info
about this mill?

PEW
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Tom

No, I've heard nothing of it.  I sure would like to see some pictures though.

dewwood

I think that is one of their new models called (I think) the Super Streak.  They had one at Sawlex last year introducing it and it looked like one wood eating machine.  I talked with them at a show earlier this year and they are in production with about a four month waiting period on delivery.  Maybe Tom in Mo will get on here I am sure he can tell you a lot more about it.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Bibbyman

I seen it.  I seen it last fall at the Midwest Forest Products show in St. Charles, MO.  I even made a post with pictures.

BIG Baker 35-50-E at the Midwest Forest Products show in St. Charles, MO. fall 2006

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

whitepe

When I get back to Illinois,  I'll go take some pictures.  When I saw it, they were waiting
for the electricians to get the 480 Volt three phase power hooked up to it. They were also
constructing some augers for sawdust removal.
I would like to see it running sometime. I was told it will be able to saw 1000 bd. ft per hour.
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Tom_in_Mo.

Yeah, its the Super Streak (3650E)
The S.S.  is the lastest production  mill that we have. The frame construction is made from 12" I-beams. The log capacity is up to 36" diameter x 21' long material. There has already been some changes to the mill. The main ones is speeding the head up on return and changing from a 10 hp to a 15 hp on the hydraulic power pack. The mill is powered by a 50 hp motor. The bandwheels are 36" in diameter. When using the 2" band we have applied the roller type guides.
We did advertise a 24" wide x 28' long tailing conveyor on the side but instead of having that and taking more time in getting your material to the accumulator deck, they have added a guard or guide to the everything back to the accumulator. Of course the tailing conveyor might be useful to someone's application.
This mill is controlled from an operator's chair with all the control at the operator's finger tips.
I hope I have helped in answering some of the questions about the mill. I was in a little bit of hurry to answer this before the day was over.
If any of you folks have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me at Baker Products and I will be glad to send information on the mill if you are interested.

Thank You Sponsors!