iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a vendor conspiracy

Started by Tom, January 17, 2007, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

No sir!  It's the only thing I couldn't find on it.

I'm going to have to find some sweet young thing to hold my coffee cup for me.  ;D

WDH

You better focus on sawing wood  ;D ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

asy

Hang on, let me get this right....  Gael organises the BEST surprise mill ever, and you want to find someone else to hold yer coffee???  Um, you best run, coz you sure can't hide in that shirt.

Oh, and, I can't figure out, all those photos of the Mill pulling away behind the car, who's driving? Tom seems to be in the passenger seat...
  Oh, wait, I just remembered you guys drive backward, strike that :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Tom

Gael's my sweet young thing, Asy.   :D :D

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

I didn't get this old being that stupid, DanG.  :D :D

Mr Mom

Tom i have two questions for you and i might have misses the answers so for give me if you have to repeat the answers.
     How come you went form orange to blue??
     Where did your old mill go??

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Jeff

Tom looks for signs of his old mill...

VIDEO CLIP
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

:D I 'm watching the vid and when you said "Guides are diff-ernt. Wheelz are diff-ernt. Dragbax diff-ernt." I said to myself outloud "The whole thang is diff-ernt" Then you said "The whole thang is diff-ernt."  :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Tom

Quote from: Mr Mom on May 22, 2007, 08:33:46 AM
     Tom i have two questions for you and i might have misses the answers so for give me if you have to repeat the answers.
     How come you went form orange to blue??
     Where did your old mill go??

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

I didn't really go from orange to blue, I bought what I needed at the time.  In 1998 I determined that I needed to cut longer than 20 feet for my Chicken Farmer customers.  Baker was the only manufacturer that I found that advertised a 24 foot mill.   I was also quickly becoming less physically mobile and needed something to take some of the hard labor off of me.  When I saw the 3638 it stood out over the rest of the mills at the show because of its heft and I fell in love with it.  I carried it home from the Atlanta show in 1999.

My Lt40 Wood Mizer continued to saw.  I used it to back up the Baker for a while and then let my off-bearer use it to start her company.  She sawed until an opening came up at the railroad and her father paid for engineering school for her.  She is still with the railroad, but swears to get a sawmill again.  It has been used since then to teach others to saw and to get them started in their own venture.  It is now in the hands of couple of boys in St. George, Ga. who will return it when they've earned a new mill.

So, I guess I'm not color specific.  I buy what is available to do the job at hand and make the best decision I can at the time. My criteria, because of my nature, makes people, personalities, promises and handshakes carry more weight in my decisions than some allow.  I deal with people where I'm not just a number and where I believe they care for my success as much as I care for theirs.

I've been blessed in life that those with whom I've made those handshakes have almost always come through.  It's not just the business dealings but friendships as well.  I've been able to shake a lot of hands since this forum got started.  I'm not talking of the how-do-you-do handshake, mind you.  Those are important too.  I'm talking about one where you meet again and are glad.

So, all the bantering of whose mill is best is fun.  They all have good points and not-so-good points relative to our businesses.  Not being into "hard-sell", I appreciate those manufacturers that understand customers and potential customers discussing the finer points of all of the products.  Loyalty comes from within the heart, and can be shared amongst several.  It has no place in hardware purchases but rather in the people who represent them.

I'm a Georgia Bulldog.  Therein lies my loyalty.  Since my wife pulls for the U of Fl. Gators, I get excited about them too, except for when they are playing us.  The same goes for Auburn, Alabama, Florida State and anybody playing the "Brooklyn" Dodgers, danged traitors.(not that I'd hold a grudge, you understand. :D :D

Kevjay! The whole DanG'ed thing is different! 8)

sparks

Congrats Tom, the look on your face is priceless. You can see the joy. In this businees it is always a joy to see the faces of new mill owners. The way they look over the mill is like watchin' the kids open Christmas presents. It puts a little more spring in their step. The smiles are the reward. There are a lot of mill manufactures out there and we all know we can't get them all. But we also celebrate when someone gets theirs. We smile with them because we know the feeling and we are happy they have joined the sawmill family. Enjoy yourself and keep us posted on how things are going.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Tom

You betcha, Sparks.  thanks.

WDH

Quote from: Tom on May 22, 2007, 11:19:36 AM
I'm a Georgia Bulldog.  Therein lies my loyalty.  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mr Mom

Thanks Tom for the answers.
     Good luck with your mill.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Tom

Have you made up your mind what sawmill you're going to train that new little boy on? :D

OneWithWood

Wow  :o 8)
Just now catching up on things.  Congrats Tom.  Have your cheeks quit hurtin'? 

I am glad you explained what was going on in the pics at the top of page 15.  I thought Adam was fixin' to steal your Excursion as well as your new mill  :D

Tom Cadenhead and The Baker Boys - what a class act!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

asy

Quote from: OneWithWood on May 23, 2007, 09:33:28 AM
Tom Cadenhead and The Baker Boys - what a class act!

That sounds like a good name for a Country Band!

Now, I know you can play a tune on a saw, but a saw mill???

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Roxie

Look at the smile on your face, Tom.   :)  Got a tear in my eye just watching that smile! 

Congratualtions!   8)
Say when

beenthere

Oh that Tom.
Still causing the girls to get teary eyed...... 8) 8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ADAMINMO

Tom thought I was gonna try to steal it to I think. He said "Not a chance this time ......... Your not gonna get away with it twice!!!" And Gael was sayin "Go Tom Go... We cant let him get it again !!!!!! Gas on it !!!!"

I think other people thought the same thing to as I was tryin to set the brakes it did look like I was gonna crawl in the window.I couldnt take from a man like Tom more than one time!!!They are two of the greatest people I know that are not my immediate family ...... but they took me in like family so I consider them as family too!!!!

thurlow

Quote from: beenthere on May 23, 2007, 11:16:30 AM
Still causing the girls to get teary eyed...... 8) 8) 8)
"Georgie Porgie Tom Cadenhead, pudding and pie,
kiss the girls get a new mill
and make them the girls cry."  :)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Mr Mom

Tom...If you are talking to me i have started to build my mill now and have the frame work done. I will be building the sawhead some time this week.
     No i dont have pictures get some tonight. I designed the mill and had many problems building.
     Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Roxie

Beenthere.....Thurlow......are y'all having a good time?   :D :D :D
Say when

DanG

I bleeve they are, Rox.  It ain't hard ta entertain old coots like them. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Yep!  I was talking to you, Mr. Mom.   That new young fellow you got is going to have to have a mill.  He'll be gittin' under foot in no time at all and you'll need a task to keep him busy. Who knows, you might even start a lumber company.  Father and Sons is almost worn out, but, I haven't seen anything called "Mom's Mill" yet.  And in your instance, a name like "Momma's Boy" Trucking would not only be acceptable but something to be proud of.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!