iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood burning

Started by Jeff, January 24, 2007, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Boss, yer gettin pretty fast der.....and great work too. I can almost see the paint brushes comin to life in the back ground..........allllmmosssssst.  :)  Good on ya.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raphael

DanG Jeff that's really good at the rate you're going you're going to have a new career...  If I hadn't nailed them in place already I'd be wanting to comission you to do some custom burning on my stair risers.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

ksu_chainsaw

I wish I had the patience to do that by hand.  But wait, I have this nice machine at work to do it for me!  ;D
http://www.epiloglaser.com
I can toss a 2'x3' piece of baltic birch ply in there, hit go, and have a bunch of plaques done by the time I get the last batch sanded.  And it will cut out 1/2" material- not a whole lot of scroll saw time anymore!!! ;D

Wish I could get some of those pictures to try out on the laser

Charles

Jeff

Two days ago my back slipped out of place during a strenuous activity. Leaning forward in my chair to pick up a hunk of dog hair deposited by one of our canine children.  Go figure, its always something stupid when I have my back act up and always an inopportune time. I'm supposed to fly down to Tom's and visit for a spell monday. I guess I'll have to take a plane now, cause flappin is out of da question. ;D

Anyhow, between trips to da bone craker and while laid up on the sofa, Ive been at least trying to do something. I started this one yesterday and finished it up a little bit ago.  Tammy likes this one. I'm not so sure about it.

again, you can click for a better look.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I know I shouldn't say this as it's gonna come back to haunt me........ ::)
I agree with T......ammy, that's a REALLY nice one, maybe your best yet! 8)

SwampDonkey

Most of the stories from my grandfather come from parbuckling wood, log brows, sledding wood or yarding. Looks grand to me Jeff. Maybe the scene reminds you of back breaking work. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Wildflower

Furby, :o
You actually agreed with me??
And to think I thought  you had no taste, but I can see I was slightly wrong..... which doesn't happen often  ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Furby

Guess we both gotta take what we can get eh? ;D

Jeff

Paschale

Man, Jeff...those are terrific!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

I'm working on something tonight of a different flavor. :)

GareyD

Hot Fudge Brownies and Sum Ice Cream??  :D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Jeff

I wish. :D  I did have tacos though. :)

DWM II

Not only do those wood burnings look great, but they showcase your patience as well. I dont have that trait, I'd have four or five half finished stools laying around ::).
Stewardship Counts!

Jeff

This was the different flavor. I dont know if he's finished or if I'll add to him. He might make a good sign for somebody as there is room for lettering.  Hes quite large as you can see by the scale stick.  I think that wood circle is at least 18 inches.

Norm

I really like the horse logging ones Jeff. You should think seriously about going to the bigger city farmers markets and selling those. In Des Moines they have a farmers market that has lots of arts and crafts style things, more so than the food and vegies you'd think they'd sell. The city folks would be a great market for you and with your talent I think you could name your price. :)

Jeff

I decided to do something a little more original and functional tonight. ;D  There is a square out on the little house out back that STILL has masking tape on it ;D. I decided  I should take the tape off so Charlie can get his square back, and since I was going to Florida this week anyhow, I would take this block with me to get it signed so I can put it up when I get back. :)   Hope it'll work Mr. Tom.  :)

Furby

SwampDonkey

Darn smart looking fella there Jeff.  ;D :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I think I assidently made him look a little stern.  Thats the look I'll get if I hide my grits in my napkin.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

woodsyowl

your doing fine!
  I have tried wooding burning on several occasions starting back in bsa in the 60's  ,its harder than it looks.
going across grain and you use the same pressure and you get the lights and darks.......its a pain.

keeping the right presure and getting your hand to do what you want while your eyes still focus...ha ha it gets easier  I do a little drawing and painting thought about expanding into wood burning.hopefully by then you will have learned it all and ya  ;Dcan answer any silly questions i have
:D ;)

Jeff

3rd in the series.  First we skidded them out, then we loaded them up, now were hauling them to the river. :)  Not sure what will be next. Maybe get rid of dem horses and bring in da rats.  Da River Rats. :)

Tom

Hey!!  That's me.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!