iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Valentines Ferda Hunnies

Started by TexasTimbers, February 09, 2007, 05:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

What are y'all planning on doing for yer sweet thangz ???

I'm polishing up on this monstrosity. Never have carved much. Well, haven't ever carved nothin. So this is my first attempt. My sweetheart is not tired of me making her stuff yet because I haven't made her much yet. Well, never have made her nothin. 'Cept I am building her a house and all.
I ain't used no power tools on this yet. Probably won't. Was gonna use a palm router to inscribe a sweet something on the front but Daren had a better idea I am gonna use his idea.
That'l keep it al hand made. You can tell it too, but my wife is low maintenance. Thank the Lord cause this won't be much even when it's done. But it will have tonz o' luv built in and that's what bounces her ball.
She loves the smell of Spanish Cedar so I whacked a chunk off a board i've had forever, cut it in half with a Japanese ripping pull saw, then roughed it out with a dozuki saw. That's another pull saw mostly used for joinery.
So here's the one half nearly done and the other I have to get my tail busy with. It's gonna be a little jewelry box when I am done that opens from the top from concealed wooden hinges (oh yeah I have carved before I used to make wooden hinges for my humidors!) on top of each lobe. That's the theory anyhow. Have no idee how I'l finish it. i am open for suggestions. this stuff is dry have had it since 90ish.
Didin't post this in the woodworking forum cause I am asking y'all what y'all are gonna do for your spouse whatever that may be (keep it G Rated!). Norm and Patty can't post details because well, then it wouldn't be no surpsrise.  ;D

So like I said, whatchya gonna do ferya honey ???

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

tcsmpsi

Mine likes to take me out to eat in public for the show.  So, I'll probably let her do that.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Burlkraft

Jill's pretty low maintenance when it come's ta Valentines Day......

I might just buy her a Performax sander..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

Yeah I forgot to mention mine is also getting a Woodmizer LT40HD42D  ;D

Ed_K

One yr I chainsawed a heart on a hemlock stump, made her go find it  ;D . Last yr I did a heart on the front of the pine at the end of the driveway,drove by it 3 times before she seen it  :o .Don't know what to do this yr,to cold out  :( .
Ed K

isawlogs

Ed , Carve one on da kitchen wall  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

Mine not made out of wood.Bought mine valentine a Fiskars 12" paper trimmer.She has been wanting one for a while.She had a half off coupon and I bought it for her.She makes alot of cards.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

isawlogs
Now I know someone could do that carvin on da kitchen wall, real easy, and it could be a BIG one too. ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

I haven't decided what to get Patty this year. Our anniversary is one week after so I try to get flowers for vd and something a little more personal for our anniversary.....31 years. Just seems like yesterday we were starting a family.

Now I think the wide belt sander would be nice but my shop is going to be converted into additional office space so one less big tool to move won't hurt my feelings. Sure would look nice in a new one though. ;D

Kevin I like your gift as I'm sure your sweetie will, nice work. :)

scsmith42

Nice work Kevin.

Dr. Laureen is getting dinner and a movie - this afternoon as a matter of fact since I'm headed to Texas on the 14th... 

Norm, one thing that I've learned in life... NEVER pass up the opportunity to obtain a new tool - especially if it's a big one!  And ESPECIALLY if it's for the wife!!!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Ed_K

My hunnie said any carvin on da kitchin wall will be me sandin fer da nex coat of poly  :o .
Ed K

logwalker

If you do decide to give her a practical gift like a LT70 or a new snowmobile be sure and put a bow on it. Don't ask me how I know. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Part_Timer

I think Katie would like a new M1A socom.  ;)  ??? ??? ??? perhaps not.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Jeff

Tammy has a Valentines tree. Actually its the christmas tree, the st paddy's tree, the esater tree, and so on.  I put her gift under it and she opened it when she found it! :-\   

She got a 6 inch length of dead aspen with two holes drilled in it a hunk of crapt tin stuck in the hole and then an orange flicker bulb fit up from the bottom. Nothing like a forest product with a fake candle in it to warm a young girls heart.
:D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

asy

You guys are all heart!

My Vday is postponed indefinately this year, Andy's down the farm, and I'm stuck in Brisbane, in fact I'm in court with my ex husband on Vday...  Great day... 

We'll celebrate it next weekend  ;)

I don't require any gifts, just a cuddle.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

metalspinner

I made this one for Wifey several years ago.  Since then, I have been teaching this class just before V-day at the store each year. :)

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

asy

That's so BEAUTIFUL, Metalspinner!

I'd love one of those, but I suspect that with Andy's woodworking skills it'd look more like an anatomically correct heart...  hehe.

sawguy21

Quote from: asy on February 11, 2007, 09:53:14 PM
You guys are all heart!

My Vday is postponed indefinately this year, Andy's down the farm, and I'm stuck in Brisbane, in fact I'm in court with my ex husband on Vday...  Great day... 

We'll celebrate it next weekend  ;)

I don't require any gifts, just a cuddle.

smiley_heart Does this count? Good luck dealing with the ex.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

asy

Thanks!!!  :-*

Much appreciated. We're in court tomorrow morning... Can't wait for it to be over.

Ed_K

It seems I'm going to be plowing snow starting at midnight so I'm probably won't even see her. Guess that cuddle will have to work  ;) .
Ed K

TexasTimbers

That's nice spinner. I was sanding on mine today, the bottom part, and it slipped out of my hand and went flying. Broke the arrow off. Got so discouraged I told her that my new mill her new mill was going to have to be enough.

She had seen it anyway. I had been working on it on the shipping table, and when she came to help me box up wood yesterday she had noticed it lying under a USPS Priority Mail box I was attempting to hide it under.

Two of the big boxes we were sending out were going to some dude in Tennessee.  ;D

Anyway she said it was the thought that counted. It is salvagable so I told her I'll repair it and finish it sometime between now and some Valentines day. I guess I blew my image didn't I asy ?  ::)

metalspinner

QuoteTwo of the big boxes we were sending out were going to some dude in Tennessee.   

8) 8) 8)

Here is this year's valentine for  my hunny...

Yes, it's still on the lathe.  She is out of town until Friday, so there is  still have plenty of time to procrastinate...ummm, I mean work on it.  I wonder if roses are cheaper the day after Valentine's day ::)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

TexasTimbers

Very nice. I see a little quilting in that wood I meant to charge you extra for that. :D

beenthere

Quote from: asy on February 13, 2007, 01:04:32 AM
Thanks!!!  :-*

Much appreciated. We're in court tomorrow morning... Can't wait for it to be over.

Asy,
Is it over?  Wishin you the best and thinkin of you getting things settled.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

asy

Hiya Beenthere...

He refused to negotiate at all, so we're going to a full trial, Barristers at 10 paces... Set for 4th May...

I'm still hoping he comes to the negotiating table...

Thank You Sponsors!