iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring is here .. with a pic .

Started by isawlogs, March 21, 2007, 07:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Well it's snowing here this morning.  ::)  It was great yesterday though, walking on the frozen crust with no windfall to climb over, while marking out 20 acres of thinning. Before I knew it, it was 1:30 in the afternoon before walking back to the house for some grub. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

Glad to hear you took the bulk of it  ;D

Yup ya got to love spring ...  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Here are a few more pics of spring here ... ::)    :) 

I just hope the wind pics up a bit before long , those pine branches wont take much more abuse from da snow ...

All's not lost , we still get some green indoors ...  ;D  But I do have to admit that it sure is pretty out there dis mornin ....  :)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Here we are in Da U.P. so Wildflower can spend her spring break with the waxlady.
SPRING BREAK??

Here is Chet and my attempt at a spring photo yesterday.

Storm totals for up here are 20" plus, today the high will be 18° with wind chills of 12° below zero.  This photo was taken yesterday during the real high winds. Clear as we could manage.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don K

Man, That would be depressing after several months. After I go get some batteries for the camera, I'll send ya'll some pictures of the color green in case ya'll have forgot what it looks like. :)   Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Nancbee

I killed the batteries in my camera taking pix of Spring in Maine this morning! I'll get batteries and then you'll see such white sites!
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Fla._Deadheader

It ain't spring in S Florida. Went from 80° yesterday, to 40° last night  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

treebucker

Last night at midnight we had ~3/4" snow and 27 degrees.  Today's high is supposed to be 41 degrees. All the domesticated fruit and nut trees got their blooms/fruit frosted off in the last few days. I can't tell for sure just yet but I think it has gotten cold enough in the last few nights to freeze the leaves off of some of the trees. What happened to spring?
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and
I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!" - Anon

beenthere

Must be some effect of dat global warming bein talked about......... ::) ::)
17°  here, with a hi of 32°
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

Ya ... global freezing ... ;D  freezing here with a high of frozenness more  ;D

Marcel

Don P

We got about an inch last night and 19*F this morning. It was looking like the dogwoods were gonna be right on time up here for awhile, thats rare. I think it got the pears, cherries and maybe the apples. I guess they get a rest this year. The local christmas tree crop is the real concern here, its all about appearance and it costs those guys a year if the tips burn. I was sure enjoying that early warmup.

thecfarm

This is what it looks like now around here.

The snow was almost all gone.We got at least a foot and half of that stuff.I went to work on roads that were not plowed or plowed on one side.I heard we was getting 2 inches an hour.Stopped at noon and the sun came out and the snow settled down to less than a foot.We did not get much rain here,but where I work got some rain.I would rather see it now than in May.Don't want the same thing that Don P had happen.I don't think it got done to the mid 20's here.I knew I shouldn't of taken the snow blower off.I was doing some spring clean up and I wanted to put the trailer on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nancbee

I finally learned how to post pictures thanks to the brilliant tutorial by Jeff B.

This is the snow on the roof of my car Thursday morning! There's still plenty on the ground and it's supposed to be in the 30's for the next week! I want green grass!
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager

Nancbee

One more just for fun! Actually the day was Wednesday not Thursday. This is a park across the street from my office. There was bear ground 24 hours earlier! We were lucky not to have lost power as many in the southern part of the state did.

Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager

SwampDonkey

Well don't put your snow scoops away yet up here in the NE. Suppose to be another big one slamming us by Wednesday or Thursday and they said things won't be back to the 'norm' until after the 20th of April. It's actually gotten colder here since day break.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!