iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV Weekend in the Huron Mountains of Michigan!

Started by Jeff, April 30, 2007, 10:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

There's gonna hotel rooms..??? ??? ???

I'd make ear plugs part of the required equipment...but not fer ridin'........ :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Nailhead

There's a box of ear plugs right inside of the bunk room door :D
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

Mooseherder

The Moon, the Stars and necessary approvals have all lined up.   ;) 8)

beenthere

Had a little plannin meeting today at the Rox, and included Stumpy, Onewithwood (his wife Linnea), Burlkraft, and myself.

OWW left off a nice cedar burl from Cedarman...it was a beauty.

Note that the pic doesn't include the quad in the truck, that Burlkraft was planning to have along...but he says it is real... ;D ;D

Found out we need a Michigan ORV sticker to be legal in MI. Working on that now.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

You can pick up an ORV sticker at any Wally world or bait shop on your way through. ;)

beenthere

Thanks Furby. I followed Burlkrafts lead, and ordered it online. 

Others can take that course you suggested.

I'm going to assume the spark arrestor is incorporated in the factory muffler.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Reddog

Quote from: beenthere on August 10, 2007, 11:15:44 PM
I'm going to assume the spark arrestor is incorporated in the factory muffler.  :)

Yes, all the factory mufflers have USFS approved spark arrestors. The only exception would be a full blow factory race bike. And they are not going to sell that to you or I. :D

And just in case someone does not understand what Furby is saying. You can purchase ORV stickers in Michigan from the same places that sell Hunting and Fishing license.

Dave Shepard

In MA it would probably be easier to register a UFO than to register your ATV. If you are really nice, you might actually get out of the registry (yup, the same as for cars, only not your local one, you have to travel halfway across the state) in a couple few hours. Keep the rubber side down.  :) Unless you're like me and spend most of the time with the front wheels in the air. ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Reddog

Went by Jeff B's twice today.
Once at 5:45 AM and then again about. 9:15 AM. Both Times seemed a little early to stop and say hello on a sunday. ;) :D
Went to Canoe camp RD. to put some break in miles on.  ;D

Nailhead

Well, it looks like we have one bed left in the bunk room, and plenty of room for trailers and such.
I will get directions to everybody shortly.
I also heard a rummor that we'll have some apple pie 8)
NH

BBTom

Nailhead,
I will not be able to attend the ride this year.  I hope it turns into an annual event so I have a chance next year.

2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

moosehunter

I've gotten permission from my lovely bride, she had to ok the time off AND the use of her 4-wheeler ;D

So I went to write it on the calender. DOH. That is my Tuna fishing trip off the Jersey shore weekend :(

It may turn out ok though, of the last five years, we have been canceled 3 times because of weather.

My plan is to pack a small bag for a fishing trip and a large bag for a four wheeling trip. Nice weather off the Jersey coast and I'm going fishin'. Bad weather off the coast and I'm going to da u.p. , no matter the weather! Either way,...... I'm going to have a great weekend :)

Polaris ATP 500 for those that want to know.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

beenthere

moosehunter
That is great to hear. Look forward to it. (or do we have ta wait to hear if you are fishin instead?)

beenthere
south central Wisconsin

moosehunter

I probubly won't know untill the Wednsday before. I may miss Thursday's ride, but if I don't go fishin' I'll be there!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Burlkraft

Here's an action shot Jill took of me and my new GF......... :D :D :D

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Nailhead

Good looking ride, I'll give a good lookover in a few weeks
NH

beenthere

Where'd ya find the mud puddle?  That Honda come with a snorkel ;D ;D ?  and ya think Nailhead is gonna have some of those puddles too?  I think I'm going to put on another coat of wax.. :)
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

We aint had a puddle around here in probably 2 months.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Nailhead, you gotta promise we aint going places where we gotta do like the guys on this page...

http://www.montanajacks.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=19

Look down the page to where it says in red:

MONTANA WINCHING - Click Image to Enlarge

Jeff

Let me know if there is a name missing or we have included one that is not going.  Were at the point where we need to pijn this down so we can plan of provisions for the event, whose bringing what, and maps to get you to the camp and such.

Jeff B + (maybe, but slim chance son Jeremy and BIL Pete.)
Chet
Just Jim
Nailhead
Pasbuild
Corley5
beenthere
Burlkraft
Reddog
Pigman
Mooseherder and BIL
possibly Moosehunter unless he smells of fish, then he cant come  :D.

So, I come up with 12 confirmed and possibly as many as 15.

Does this look right?

Nailhead

That's how I count it. Looks like the bunk roon is full. Only thing open are a few lazyboy's ;D
Or if somebody wants to bring a camper.

Mooseherder

I gotta make flights. Let me know when I gotta be there. :)

Jeff

I plan on using Wednesday as a travel day and being ready for whatever Thursday morning. Earlier if I can, and that probably depends on who I bring, or who I come with or however that works out.

beenthere

What are the directions (or map) to Pat's Highcamp where we need to show up, and is there a map of the trails online?  Thanks 

Sounds like a good turnout.
south central Wisconsin

pasbuild

Oh this is goin ta be good :D :D  directions ta da high camp :D :D :D
as fer trail maps there ain't none fer the trails we will be usin.
I'm goin ta try ta get permission to get inta the Huron Mountain Club fer a little tour  of some of the most pristine untouched land in the UP.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!