iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ERC hope chest

Started by Haytrader, May 02, 2007, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

Here is a medium sized all ERC hope chest I made for my grand daughter for her 8th grade graduation coming up. My wife printed off some history of hope chests and wrote up a deal tellin her that Gpa cut the tree in Oklhoma (where she lives), sawed the lumber on our sawmill, and made the chest in our shop. Hope  ::) she likes it.  ;D
Haytrader

Dodgy Loner

Beautiful!  That wood's got a lot of character!  :o
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Furby

WDH

Awwwwwww-some ;D.  That is fine 8).  A family heirloom.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Part_Timer

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

woodsteach

Very nice hope chest!

She will cherish it I'm sure.

I made one while I was in college and gave it to my girlfried when she graduated h.s. and told her if she left I got the cherry hope chest back.  That was 15 years ago.  In June it will be 11 years of marital bliss!  ;D

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

tomboysawyer

Quote from: woodsteach on May 14, 2007, 01:40:24 PM
Very nice hope chest!

She will cherish it I'm sure.

I made one while I was in college and gave it to my girlfried when she graduated h.s. and told her if she left I got the cherry hope chest back.  That was 15 years ago.  In June it will be 11 years of marital bliss!  ;D

woodsteach

;D

My hubby made me a hope chest when we were in high school. That'll be 22 years ago now. He never finished it but it holds stuff just fine. May the same be said for our relationship!

WDH

That may be why they call them "Hope Chests" ;D.  Us guys have good intentions ::).   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Haytrader

We gave it to Grandaughter this weekend. She was sorta happy.. ;D
I gave her a hug and told her she would probably appreciate it more in 40 years.

;)
Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!