iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Handy things around the mill

Started by Bibbyman, July 01, 2001, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

That'd be Razor-Tip, aka, stellite. In short, a very expensive mistake.

By the way, stellite blades will not saw off the side stops. I tried it once, with a brand new out-of-the-box blade :(. Didn't get any further then I did with a plain ol' Double Hard.

I feel your pain.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Nomad

Quote from: WDH on May 28, 2013, 09:25:43 PM
With a Razor-Top blade  :).

Not any more, it ain't. :'(
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

It is now a razor-untipped blade :).

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Yup, there is not much that you can do about those screw ups except to claim um, wear um and share um. ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JohnM

Quote from: Larry on May 27, 2013, 03:38:52 PM
But no more...the See All mirror knows.

That's pretty neat!  Personally I would nerd-out and refer to as The Eye of Sauron. :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Kbeitz

I am now building my first band saw mill ... After reading the last couple post I think I'm going to
make a carriage stop if the dogs are to high for the blade to clear. I'm thinking this should be easy to do.
If a adjustable stop arm was put right in front of the blade guide it would hit the dog before the blade.
If the stop hits the carriage will stop or push down the dogs. What ever take the least effort.
I made all my dogs lay down the same way the carriage travels.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

justallan1

Kbeitz, look on the EZ Boardwalk mills, they have them. It's a piece of square tubing that comes to a point that hangs below the plane of the blade and on the top of the stops there is a piece welded on that it catches onto. Pretty slick idea, for sure.

Kbeitz

Quote from: justallan1 on April 30, 2015, 08:50:47 PM
Kbeitz, look on the EZ Boardwalk mills, they have them. It's a piece of square tubing that comes to a point that hangs below the plane of the blade and on the top of the stops there is a piece welded on that it catches onto. Pretty slick idea, for sure.

Thanks... I will check that out...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!