iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to make this hexagon BBQ table.

Started by SwampDonkey, June 10, 2007, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Looks great SD, maybe put one by the road with a price tag on it. Bet they'd sell like hotcakes.

Haytrader

My compliments as well on a job well done.
Seems like anything made with ones own hands is appreciated more.

I think we kinda ignored Kevin_H when he stated they make three tables a day and they sell as fast. I would like to know more about this as I think the "value added" part of sawmilling is an integral part. When I hear of a sawmiller haveing trouble makeing it, I wonder if they have tried the "value added" side of it.
I know we have made a few things and not only do we enjoy the fruits of our labor, we actually have saved a fair amount on furnishings, not to mention Christmas gifts we made instead of buying.

Again, congrats Mr. Donk. Your carpentry skills are only surpassed by one thing, your photography skills.
;)
Haytrader

SwampDonkey

Kevin kind of got left behind unfortunately, but I know it could be done, to make 3 a day that is. Just need an extra table saw maybe and 3 fellas. Or one guy cutting and 2 building, starting with the pinwheel framework. Also, a good place/platform to work off. Like the setup he mentioned. Once you build a couple, it's nothing at all. The staining will take a full day to wait 4 hours between coats. The back of my legs still ache, like I've been touching toes for 3 hours.  :D :D

Norm, I think they would sell in some locations, just not here. But, you wouldn't make any money.  :D :D I saw a regular picnic table, unfinished, at the hardware store for $79, just two long seats. I have $165 in materials into mine when finished. A fellow would have to have at least $350 a table for this design. It don't matter if 3 guys build 3 or you build one a day, it costs the same with labor hours factored in and a slight profit. What I'd be hearing all day is I can get mine for $79, not even the same table.  ::) The thing is not all that easy to load onto a pickup, almost need a trailer. In fact I highly recommend one. And I don't deliver.  :D

I'd rather be cutting brush where my daily efforts will be rewarded, and no whining to deal with.  ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!