The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Goin to Michigan Ag to See a LT15  (Read 4938 times)

Offline tim1234

• I love the smell of sawdust in the morning!
    • Share Post
Re: Goin to Michigan Ag to See a LT15
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 07:24:39 AM »
I don't want to turn this into a bash session.  My point was in this case is that I recieved an invite postcard from WM in the mail to come see their product at this show.  I called to verify the mill would be there.  Then I get there and it is not.  I was really looking forward to seeing and maybe trying out the mill.  

Anyway what's done is done.  I'll post some pics of some of the other stuff we saw including some pics of the kids sitting in the skid steers and some of the antique tractors in another post.

Tim
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

Offline Haytrader

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 07:30:30 AM »
tim,

Sounds like you did everything right by calling ahead and confirming the mill you wanted to see would be at the show. What a bummer to get there and that not be the case.
When you are in the "looking" and "comparing" phase, isn't it asking a little to much for a deposit, just to insure the mill you would like to see will be there?
Haytrader

Offline MartyParsons

• Senior Member x2
  • Wood-Mizer Service and sales PA, VA, MD, WV others
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »
Yes your are correct, the deposit is after you have compared and made a decision on which manufacture you decide on. I am sorry.
Marty
A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

Offline WDH

• Forester
  • Administrator
  • April 1998 - August 2008
    • Share Post
    • hamsleyhardwood.com
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »
About 6 years ago, I went to the Georgia National Fair in October, and of course I had to go see the sawmills.  I watched the demo on the LT 40 and saw the LT 15 in the back outside of the tent.  I asked if I could come thru the ropes and look at it.  Of course as I was looking at it, the Woodmizer rep asked me if I wanted to cut a few boards.  I had never operated a sawmill before, and was a little shy with all the people watching, but he cranked up the mill and showed me how to operate it.  I was a goner as soon as I cut the first board.  I started asking all sorts of questions, he said that if I wanted to buy it, to come back on Sunday (8 days later) at the end of the fair.  He said be there by 6:00 p.m.  Well I pondered all week, and sure enough, at 6:00 on Sunday, there I was.

We loaded the mill in the back of my long bed Ford F-150, they threw in a free box of blades, and I was making sawdust the next afternoon :).

The good thing about buying it at the demo was that there was no shipping I had to pay, the mill was all set up and tuned by the experts, and it was only a 12 mile drive back home.

Tim1234, I am sorry that you did not get to see the mill operate.  However, don't give up on it.  If you think that you want one, a good way is to buy the demo model because it is all set up and ready to go.  Just add gas............Just let them know that you want it so they don't sell it to somebody else.  Also, that way, they don't have to haul it back ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5640SU, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Share Post
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »
Dad, Zach and I were there on Wed and we didn't even look at the Woodmizers  ;) ;D :)  I'd have been dissappointed in your situation too
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Michigan Vacation Home or full time residence. Harrison Michigan

Started by Jeff on For Sale

7 Replies
Last post October 07, 2008, 11:31:43 PM
by WDH
xx
goin' ta Florida

Started by moosehunter on Travel Guide

16 Replies
Last post December 14, 2007, 07:28:16 AM
by moosehunter