iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2007 Pig Roast is underway (picture thread)

Started by Jeff, August 03, 2007, 10:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Quote from: Paschale on August 09, 2007, 07:18:34 PM
I've got a little self interest in hopes for a certain type of picture...is there any pictorial evidence that my cookies actually made it to the pig roast?   ;)

Not to worry, Paschale.  A couple of'em even made it to Florida.  Here's the last half of the last one, which has now gone on to its "reward." ;D

OK, so I muffed the photo, but if you look very closely, you will see that the post on the screen is the one that I am quoting.  Is that proof enough?  If not, it's too DanG bad, 'cause the cookie is gone.  By the way, the cookies was good! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

pigman

I am sorry Paschale, but everytime I got up close to take a picture of the cookies my right hand reached out and grabbed one.  ;D My wife made me print the recipe so she could bake some more.  Or was it I printed the receipe in hopes she would bake some? smiley_headscratch

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paul_H

I ate my fair share of the cookies too!Each bite was like a Chocolate Mint Explosion :)

Here are a few pics from the roast..

L-R
Furby,Pigman,Marcel,DanG and BBTom

Dodgy Loner,WDH and Ron Scott
I think this pic would be a good candidate for the Caption thread ;)

Cedarman talking on the porch to Mrs DR Buck(Kitty) with Red Dog facing away from them.

Jeff with his handy "eyeball on a stick"

Corley5 and Furby lining up for roast pig with Submarinesailor(Orange shirt) and his daughter in the background

I've got a few more but like Paschale's cookies,we wouldn't want to have em all at once,eh?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

asy

Those are great photos, thanks!!!

The first one: Pigman's kinda long and skinny and nobbly, isn't he! ;)

Second photo: Pigman's got some sorta problem with horns growing out of his neck...  Is he OK?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

pigman

Asy, in the first picture Paul_H caught my best side. ;D   In the second picture my horns kind of slid down from their usual place. ::)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paul_H

DR Buck telling me where to go ;D

Child beading at the Pig Roast

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Paschale

Quote from: DanG on August 09, 2007, 10:19:22 PM

Not to worry, Paschale.  A couple of'em even made it to Florida.  Here's the last half of the last one, which has now gone on to its "reward." ;D

OK, so I muffed the photo, but if you look very closely, you will see that the post on the screen is the one that I am quoting.  Is that proof enough?  If not, it's too DanG bad, 'cause the cookie is gone.  By the way, the cookies was good! ;D

Glad to see some concrete evidence that they made it.   ;D 

Glad you guys liked 'em.   8)

I should know in about a week or so if I'm in the final five--I'll keep you all posted.  Apparently there was an article in the local paper about it this past Wednesday, but I wasn't home to see it, since I'm still out here in California.

I noticed the sticker on your computer too.  Thanks for voting.   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Corley5

The cookies rocked  :) 8)  I had a couple... err maybe 3 or 4... well OK maybe a half dozen  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sprucebunny

A lot of the faces in my photos came out blurry. ::) dumb me.

Here are a few that came out good.

Chet checks on the force of gravity ;D

Carving the star.

It was great to visit with old friends and meet new ones.
Thanks again, Jeff and Tammy  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beenthere

In the second pic, is pigman talking,.....or are WDH, Paul_H, and DodgyLoner just starin at him to get him to move off that end of their bench.... ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D

SB
No faces cause no one lookin at the camera...only backsides and FF hats :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Part_Timer

I'm a bit late wiht the thanks but I had a great time.  The most memorable was WDH and I telling stories to Dodgy Loner about all the mishaps we have had sawing.  Hope by us telling how dumb we've been maybe he can skip that part of his job. ;D ;D ;D

THe Ones With Wood and us visited for a long time and I even had a chance to talk to Paul H for a bit.  The one thing that I noticed about the roast is that no matter how hard you try there is someone you don't get to visit with.  Submarinesaylor and I about bumped trucks and I didn't even get to say more than sorry to him and his family. :( :( :(  I did finally get to talk to Dang but it took 2 roasts to do it.

Furby Taylor is setting right here beside me reading over my shoulder and she said your the one that threw her in the pool so you get what you get. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Wild flower, you know that furby just loves being picked on.   ;) :D :D no matter how much he complains about it.  :) :)

Thanks to Jeff and Tammy hor having us.  I look forward to the Roast all year long.  It is my favorite day of the year.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

Taylor, who gave me permission to toss you in the pool ???

DanG

Quote from: Part_Timer on August 10, 2007, 09:49:39 PM
 The one thing that I noticed about the roast is that no matter how hard you try there is someone you don't get to visit with.
Thanks to Jeff and Tammy hor having us.  I look forward to the Roast all year long.  It is my favorite day of the year.

P_T, you summed up my feelings rather well.  I had a good time chatting with you and Katie, and I got to talk with several folks I had missed last year.  Still, there were those I didn't even get to shake hands with.  It seems that every time you start towards somebody you want to meet, someone else you want to meet pops up, and there is always somebody left out.  Then there are those that you missed last year, but got a chance to talk with this time around.  For instance, OWW and I got to have a beer together finally, after promising ourselves that since 2004!  I got to have a little chinwag with Fat Olde Elfe this time, after only sharing a parting handshake last time.  I missed out on meeting Tim1234, even though he was buzzing about the place all day, chasing young'uns, and I started toward Sparks at least a half-dozen times, only to get stopped by somebody else.  I looked for him again, but he had left. :-\  Last year, toward the end of the day, I asked about Kevin.  I was told that he had been there all day but had just left.  I got to talk with him a bit this time. :)  That's the way it is at the Piggy Roast.  Ya gotta just keep coming back every year.

By the way, Marcel, Linda killed that big Bleue I brought home.  She has gone beddy-bye now, but said that I can go back next year if you'll send her a case of it. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Quote from: beenthere on August 10, 2007, 09:45:19 PM
In the second pic, is pigman talking,.....

Does the sun rise in the East? 

That Pigman is quite the pontificator.  We were staring in amazement that someone could talk that long without taking a breath............. ::)

Pigman, you are one eloquent dude ;D.  It was pleasure to finally get to meet you ;).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I'm home from da U.P. and I got lots and lots of pig roast pics to share now that I'm back where there is a computer.  :)   THe first one I post will be of me and my COOKIE! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Yeah! More pics! 8) 8) 8) Welcome back Jeff.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I even have a video of Dave Mann going in da drink on the Dunkin machine. ;D

Jeff

This is the look you get when I got the one of the plates of cookies and I hear the "Share" word. ;)

Cedarman

Jeff's back yard is decent sized, buy no football field as you can see from pictures. You would think that you would know everything going on.  No way.  I never saw Dave go in and I was there the whole time.  Thank goodness for movies and cameras.  I thought I got around to everybody, I talked and listened enough.  So I gotta go again next year to pick up  the conversations we left unfinished and start a whole bunch of new ones.

I can tell from the pictures that I didn't get to visit with several people.  I never met anyone who wouldn't talk to me, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.  The only time it quiets down is when piggie is served.  

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jeff

Paul and Ice enjoy a play date. One of several. :)   Ice had a great time at the Pig roast.

Spruce Bunny, Mrs. Paul_H (Carla) and DR Buck.

Next year I'll be a little more discreet when I yell HEY! The Pig is here! And then snap a picture in Tammy's direction.  OUCH. ;)

This years pig was the biggest ever. It arrived weighing in at 197.  Typical is around 160.

tim1234

Jeff,

I've got 2 short video clips of the "woodmizer tour MINI show" and 1 each of the failed dunk attempts of the girls.  What's the best way to put those up?

Tim
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

Jeff

You can email them to me. I can compress for our server or we could put them on youtube.   Ive got the entire skit on video but youtube butchers the quality. I may just post some exerts.

Jeff

We gotta thank Dave and the whole Wood-Mizer gang for all of the special entertainment this year and being such good sports. I can't thank them enough for taking the time out from an especially anniversary year to come visit with their fellow Forum members.

Here is the video of Dave Mann of Wood-Mizer taking a turn on the Dunking Contraption we made on this thread:https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=26780.0

Here is the link to the video: LINK

And for our video challenged members, here are some stills captured form the video clip. :)

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!