iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took some walnut logs to a butcher today

Started by Dodgy Loner, August 09, 2007, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D

That's kind of a threat, Marcel. Translates to: If you don't turn the log to 45°, you will be punished, seriously.  :o :o ;D ;D

I'd say your English is very good, for the most part.  ::) ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Dave Shepard

Better than mine most days. Maybe I have to move to Canada to improve on it. :D :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ARKANSAWYER

Well, Well!  Where to trun the knots.  Why are they called knots?  Because it is not a good place to cut.  It is not a good place to put a nail.  It is not in a good location.  And most of the the time it will not stay in there.  But then if sawing was easy every one would be sawyers.
 So where to put he knot depends on what the board is used for.  If you are grade sawing then put it on the side and trim it off if possible to raise the price.  If it is a timber or strucure board then put it in the face and not more then 1/3 dia of the face.  But no matter what if the customer wants it somewhere then by all means put it there.  (no not there :o)
 There are a thousand ways to open a log and most of them are wrong for one reason or the other.  Saw in one of the trade mags where a mill put in scanners to increase recovery and profit.  They started scanning from the log to the planer to gain every board and wide as possible.  They came up with a 15 to 22% increase from the same number of logs per 8 hour shift.  The sawyer retired and took his lunch pail to the house.  The owners of the mill gassed up the truck and were ready to take the increase in profits to the bank and buy Momma a new ring.  But sales dropped 30 % and grade went with it.  Yes you can get more out of the log and get paid less for it.
 Learning to read a log and grain take a spell to do.  Some times they will get you and I have seen others leave a toe roller up.   ::)  Learning to read customers is just about as hard but you have got to know your stuff.  And if you need walnut I am the one to see right now.

DOUBLE WHACK OF WALNUT PILE

ARKANSAWYER

isawlogs

Oh  :o  I've been Smited more then I care to remember  ::)   Then I grew up ...............some  ;)  :D

Thanks ....  That word   LEST  I seen it before on a highway sign here .

Lest we forget .    So in this way whats it mean ....  I guess I could of slowed up some and read da french version of it ....  ::)    ???

Dodgy Loner
Sorry for highjacking your thread ... then again .. you to blame for using dem dere big words ... :D :D :D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!