The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Buzz about sawmill insurance vs. bandsaw mill insurance  (Read 17931 times)

Offline blueduck

• milling logs since Feb '86
    • Share Post
Re: Buzz about sawmill insurance vs. bandsaw mill insurance
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2007, 01:53:15 AM »
Years ago when we needed insurance on a logging job and no one would underwrite locally, we ended up with a company who in turn went to Lloyds of London, at an affordable rate even.....

so if you talk to an underwrite who is hesitant, ask them if they have looked into http://www.lloyds.com/ that they might help you and others in the area.....

Currently i dont have insurance for the mill side of the operation, and is the primary reason i quit being a contractor in Idaho, I dont believe in limited liability as way of life and in accordance with Almighty God i believe i am in good standing....... from what i read in the Historical political record book most folks know as the Holy Bible anyway.

If I end up with financing then i have to accept man's way of living over what Almighty God tells us to do and that means geting isurance again to cover losses and prevent idiots from trying to take advantage of an operation..... and if i hire an employee then i have to cover them too..... mostly cause it is a law that the insurance agents got passed to be able not to produce anything in life.... just sit there and take in funds and go to conventions once a year.... [guess my opinion of some folks is not what they themselves think and may be slightly skewed] <---- i suppose not all agents are like that...... cause i know not all sawmillers take advantage of folks.

William
Central Idaho republik
Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.
- John Dretschmer

Offline malcolmtent

• Share Post
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
Kelvin, not sure if they do business in Mich, but you can give them a try. Penn. Lumbermans Mutual. Phone # 215-625-9233 Lester

FYI: Penn Lumbermens doesn't write for portable mills.

Offline kevin jones

• Share Post
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »
i know this is an old thread but for anyone out there searching though the history books like myself, i have full coverage through Westfield Ins Co.  actually we have the house, property, buildings, personal vehicles, then my entire tree trimming business, sawmill. business equipment through them.  with the business i have a million $ umbrella which includes my portable mill.  they never asked any questions other how much is it worth.  for the tree trimming part, they asked if i had any experience, everything was verbal, no documentation.  i am in south west ohio.  cutting down 48" dia tree's that are next to a persons house holds way more liability than my sawmill, and they cover both
if you rest, you rust

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Welcome to the Forestry Forum kevin jones.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline taw6243

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Silverwood Sawmill
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »
My general liability is with Acquity Insurance Company from Klinner Insurance in Wisconsin. Their number is 1-800-934-5647. The customer service agent is Barb Jacobson. I got refered to them by Woodmizer when I could not find any insurer in Michigan. It costs 250.00 Per year for $1,000,000.00 of coverage per occurance.

4500 hours on my 2004 LT40HDG28, CBN sharpener and auto setter, 25" woodmaster planer with 9'auto leveling bed and trac vac chip handling system, 1998 L3010 kubota, 2010 L3200 kubota Festool TS75 rail saw with 42", 75" and 106" rails.

Offline ladylake

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 06:30:21 AM »

Same astaw6243 here in MN + I carry $10000 worth on the mill for another $250, I know that wont replace the mill new but would help on a low hour used one.  Sure makes me feel better with liabilty insurance which covers at home and on the road.  Steve
Timberking B20 14000 hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Offline kevin jones

• Share Post
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
Welcome to the Forestry Forum kevin jones.   :)

Thank you Magicman
if you rest, you rust

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sawmill Insurance

Started by delvis on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post July 21, 2014, 11:50:47 PM
by logboy
xx
sawmill insurance??????

Started by monte on Sawmills and Milling

40 Replies
Last post June 18, 2006, 04:08:16 PM
by SwampDonkey