The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Anyone else doing any hunting?  (Read 8942 times)

Offline faronskid

• Share Post
Re: Anyone else doing any hunting?
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 11:37:56 PM »
Hey!  I packed that kid's clothes.  I don't want my "baby" getting cold, besides, you'll be wishin he had more clothes on in the morning when he's complaining that he's cold.  and oh yes, he will be complaining.   Be safe and have fun.
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

Offline Ron Scott

• Forester
  • Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 10:11:52 PM »
I'm sure that the grandson willl be great company and a hunt you both will long remember.

I stretched the rifle season out to it's fullest this season by taking a spikehorn buck during the final hour of the last day yesterday. Weather was cold and windy with blowing snow so I was thankful for warm clothes to sit it out.

~Ron

Offline Sunfield Hardwood

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »
Here's my first attempt at posting pics, it's a buck I shot with bow this year on nov 13{2 days before our gun season} I've shot over 50 deer with bow but this is the best 8)
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »
Help! I read and reread the pic posting instructions, but I just keep adding the same pic to my gallery.when I go to my profile there is no "view my pics link", I find the pic in my gallery then continue,but it go's in my gallery again instead of into the post, any help would be appreciated. Bill
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
Use the preview button to determine if you have the pic in your post. If it's there, then you are good to go. If not, click on the "Upload or insert Photo?" under this message box, and then go to your gallery. Click on your pic (if it is there), and scroll down to where it asks if you want to post it in a message ("Click here to copy.......") and you will be asked Yes or No. Once saying yes, go back to your post and it should be there. 
Good luck.

So go to your post, and click on "modify" and bring your pic into it.  :) :)

(That is a real nice buck... ;D ;D ;D )  Congrats
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »
Thanks Beenthere, You give great instructions. You folks will probably be sorry that I know how to post pictures  :D, Bill

Offline Norm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »
We just got back in from our season opener this weekend. The temps have been running around 12 degrees with a 15 mph wind making the wind chill near zero. We've seen tons of does but only two bucks and they were so far away that I couldn't see what size they were. I missed a doe on Saturday while walking in but Joel saved the day today by getting a medium size doe. Thankfully we had fresh snow as we trailed her for a mile before finding her bedded down. A quick shot to the head put her out of her misery. It amazes me she went this far as the blood trail was very heavy but she still crossed a crick and went through a field that had been chisel plowed. We got her skinned out and hanging in the shed. I'm spending the rest of the day feeding the fire and watching football....life is good. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hog Hunting in Tn.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer on The Outdoor Board

17 Replies
Last post March 17, 2014, 10:43:15 AM
by Raider Bill
xx
Log Hunting

Started by Nova on Sawmills and Milling

14 Replies
Last post April 03, 2006, 04:45:53 PM
by Nova