The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: How do you beat the Cold?  (Read 7951 times)

TanglewoodTimber

Re: How do you beat the Cold?
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2001, 08:28:04 AM »
 After I have gained some composure i thought that I might make a suggestion to the lead people of this entire forum.  We need a stroy tell section to compile such stories as these.  They are true treasures.  Bye the time I got to the end I was laughing so hard I had to run to potty room.  You folks have a real talent aside from cutting lumber.  In fact I am sure some of you have to take your coffee with a knife, fork and spoon to consume it, because it is so thick by the time it is finished perking.  Anyway just a thought.  Thank you so much for the early Sunday morning cuttin' and grinn'. :D

Offline stickbilt

• framing fool
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2001, 07:42:26 AM »
I have been a framing contractor by trade for the last twenty odd years in New hampshire and Massachusetts. We work year round. Fried in the summer and frozen in the winter. Of course we have the two gorgeous working seasons as well. I'll take the coldest days of winter over the hottest days of summer anytime. What works for me in the winter is dressing for the warmest part of the day or the times when you are doing bull work. First thing in the morning when you roll out of the van, bbbbrrrrrr. I grab my Walls insulated suit from behind the seat and jump in. You can go from freezing your **** off to toasty warm in five minutes tops. In and out of the suit or coveralls in seconds. After you get to the point where your starting to sweat, peel them off right over your boots. As far as hands and feet are concerned, I wear regular insulated workboots and usually have two pairs of gloves. One pair of warm gloves and a pair of uninsulated leather golves. I keep switching between them as needed. When it rains or snows though, I usually pack it up. Moral is always at it's lowest if you are getting wet and the danger level increases. Not to mention what kind of shape the cords, hoses, saws and guns get into at the end of the day. Everything covered with wet sawdust or mud and then put in drawers in the van. Carpenter's Holiday.      It is snowing now as I look out the window here in southern NH

Offline Jeff_Green

• Happy In Branson Missouri!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2001, 03:23:00 AM »
Charlie, I'm surprised that Tom didn't tell you his real secret to staying warm - down in Florida, when it gets really cold (anything below 80f),  they eat grits - lots and lots of grits ...... :D :D :D 8)

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
As a matter of fact, the ONLY times we eat grits, are when its below 80, and when its above 80.

DanG
Chattahoochee, Fla.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
beat this

Started by Texas Ranger on The Outdoor Board

18 Replies
Last post January 08, 2015, 09:53:55 AM
by kwendt
xx
bad beat

Started by woodmills1 on General Board

6 Replies
Last post November 21, 2008, 08:23:56 PM
by woodmills1