iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truckers going on strike?

Started by LOGDOG, March 31, 2008, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Is this due to higher fuel costs or from less freight to haul?  I know that both are factors, since higher fuel causes higher hauling costs which causes less demand. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

OneWithWood

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on April 04, 2008, 05:50:39 AM
Is this due to higher fuel costs or from less freight to haul?  I know that both are factors, since higher fuel causes higher hauling costs which causes less demand. 

And less marginal income leads to less discretionary spending which leads to less production which leads to less need to ship stuff.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

A local food pantry was on the news I belive last week.
They were saying how private donations were waaaay down and how a lot of the folks that were donors in the past are now seeking help due to the lack of jobs and falling economy.
However, the pantry wasn't as bad off as it could be as donations from over stocked stores and factories that had too much inventory were coming in left and right.
The stores weren't selling as much due too folks not being able to afford it.
The factories had to slow production due to less sales to the stores, meaning they may not need as many workers and not as many truck loads of product was being shipped.

One big circle. :-\

Polly

8) 8)    my openion is new trucking co starting up and bidding freight rates that dont even cover price of fuel just look around about of old companies have gone under the new ones will run until the banks forclose and the cycle starts all over again bush gets his way and lets mexican trucks run all over the usa we all will be out of business and off line wqe wont be able to pay electric bill :( :( :( 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!