iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pricing your work

Started by Larry, June 06, 2008, 04:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

More demanding is easy to fix...the more they demand, the higher the rate.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

ely

i sell lumber to some of the richest folks that are around and they seem elated that i have time to talk to them. very nice people.
i also have sawn for some of the most dirt poor folks you ever wanted to see and can hardly stand to be around them because of their attitude.

on the other side of that coin, i also know some of the rich people lud is talking about too. ;D

Cedarman

Well now, I just sold $10,000 to 2 different folks with money in Pa.  I was able to supply what they wanted and sent checks out that day.  Got last one today.  It is just fence wood that I have to end trim for one.  Medium grade that was just setting around.  The other was 22 logs peeled for a pergola.  Put my price on them.  They even overnighted the check. Probably afraid I would back out.

Why did Willie Sutton rob banks?  Cause thats where the money is!  When people ask if I will sell to individuals, I tell them only if they have money.

I know Forest Lucas of Lucas Oil fame. In fact I knew him when he didn't have enough money to buy some cheap cedar posts to fence his horses in.  He is still a nice guy.

I like to think I control my destiny by my actions.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

OneWithWood

Quote from: Cedarman on June 18, 2008, 04:04:25 PM
Well now, I just sold $10,000

Wow, what did you get for that 10 grand?
:D :D :D ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

TexasTimbers

Quote from: OneWithWood on June 19, 2008, 01:21:21 PM

Wow, what did you get for that 10 grand?
:D :D :D ;D

Knowing Richard, he got $11,000 for it. ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Cedarman

Alright, alright, :D :D  sale, my friends sale.  Yup, 2 sweet deals.  Customer got exactly what they want and I got twice what the locals will pay.  I'll have to pay more attention to what I write.  Course that would take the fun away. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!